Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am looking at a couple different option for a Vortech supercharger for my 93 mustang. It seems the V3-sci is a great unit for started and has a great amount of power and looks like instalation would be fairly easy. Also looking at V3-si so I had options for the future for a little more power. Or I stopped by a shop asked and they mentioned they could do a vortech intercooled with possible oil line so prob a V1 or V2. Gues I am wondering whats my best option or opinion of what others have done, also the sci kit seems reasonable. How much psi can I get of of both I have read 5-6 on but you add a pulley maybe some other stuff closer to 9?? What about Si?

Any input would be great guys.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The self contained oil unit will be easier to install so it really depends on your preference there. As far as boost psi goes, it will depend on what motor you're boosting. Is the engine stock? After market heads and intakes will net you less psi because you have less air restrictions. Don't worry though, you'll still make a lot of HP because you'll have more naturally aspirated HP and the supercharger won't have to work as hard to get you to your HP goal (if you have one). I'd rather boost 5-6 psi on a HCI engine over 10psi on a stock 302. Less boost equals less heat too in regards to intake air temps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its slightly modded. Heads, intake, rockers, cam. Guess what I am wondering is should I get the entry level kit vs the Si? I know if I work the entry level kit probably get it up to 9psi. Guess I am wondering opinions.Just hate to spend $2k and for the extra Grand could have gotten a little more per say. I will be adding bigger injectors for sure once I make a choice.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
your idea of slightly modded is way more than my sig apparently. A sci will support like 650 horesepower. If 9lbs will get you that, I want to see your combo part for part.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am running a Paxton Novi 1220SL (same as V3 SCI) and I see 12 lbs of boost at 6K rpms with a 8" renegade crank pulley and a 3.15 blower pulley.

This is going through TFS 11R heads and a performer intake. This is also spinning the impeller at 54000 rpm which is slightly over the max rating of 530000.

Buy the Paxton Novi 1220sl if you decide on a V3 SCI, you will get the 8 rib setup from the get go versus the 6 rib that the V3 SCI comes with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess what I am ultimately asking is how far can I push the V3-sci? Trying to compare the sci and si looking ahead if I even want to add more power. Comparing price $2500 to $3500 is it worth it? I do like the V3 since its self contained oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts