Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm going to buy a new 16 GT with the comp package. I have a question on the color.

I'm trying to decide between silver and comp orange.

I really like the orange but my question is does it stay clean for a while like a month between washings, does the dust easily show? Do you get tired of having a very bold color?

My other cars are silver and they are very easy to maintain, I saw a silver mustang the other day that looked really nice so I'm now considering this option but I liked the look of a more bold color.

What's your oppinion on color? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
My New Edge Cobra was black. Beautiful when fresh but that look didn't last long. I'm not a bold color guy; Comp Orange to me just screams Look at Me! I don't need that anymore; subtle is more my style. I selected Magnetic with the Premium Package, PP and Recaros. Very nice car. Whatever you select, the car won't disappoint.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I hand owned either one nor do I own a newer car...I do own a zinc yellow 03 cobra though, its a bold color that we'll say shows the filth well to a point but I never have daily drive it I'm sure if I did it would be a once a week wash. I would say silver for daily and comp orange for a "toy" ( I love the comp orange though always have)

·
11,040 Posts
I really like the orange but my question is does it stay clean for a while like a month between washings, does the dust easily show?
I really like black. It gets dirty fast, so I wash it again.

If you don't love your car, buy a Honda.
:)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Neither....Ruby Red is where it's at.

Seriously though, I test drove a comp orange, and while I initially thought it was a bit over the top....it quickly grew on me. It's probably my number 2 color. Another advantage to it is, you won't see many cars on the road with a comparable color (unlike silver...and ruby red).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts