Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 foxbody, but I am running SN95 spindles and control arms. Which bumpsteer kit do I need? For a fox or SN95? Also what dictates that, the spindle or control arm?

Thanks
Barry

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
The rack determines the kit. If you have a fox rack, get a fox kit, otherwise the threads won't match your tie rods.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah ha so it's the rack. O.K. So what do you suggest on racks? Is there a benefit upgrading to a SN95 rack?

barry

·
Super Moderator
27,653 Posts
There's nothing better about the basic SN95 rack that I'm aware of. Cobra rack, different story, Cobra R rack, different story, but good luck finding them factory original, and the rebuilds are hit and miss.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I gave thought to swapping to a SN95 rack for about a second and decided the adapter shaft money was better spend elsewhere. I am using a 15:1 Fox rack with the inner tierods swapped to SN95 spec and the matching MM bumpsteer kit. I thought if, some time in the future, I part the '86 out, I can use the bumpsteer kit on a newer SN95 car.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
There's nothing better about the basic SN95 rack that I'm aware of. Cobra rack, different story, Cobra R rack, different story, but good luck finding them factory original, and the rebuilds are hit and miss.
Dont have the link but there was a thread on corner carvers talking about all the different racks and it said the sn95 racks were better than the fox racks.

i think they put it as

cobra r rack
mach1 03/04 cobra rack
new edge gt rack
new edge v6 rack
sn95 v8 rack
sn95 v6 rack
then fox rack

it said you you need to replace the rack not even worth putting a fox rack back in.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Mustang Steering Rack Efforts thread? I know of it but haven't bothered to read it start to finish.

I'm just a lowly autocrosser in Buttcrack, Nowhereville but I don't see that the Fox rack isn't worth using.

$220 is a lot to fork over for an adapter shaft to use a SN95 rack. I'm not prepared to spend it for whatever benefit it might grace me with.

ps: I'll give it car show points for being nice and shiny though. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts