Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it as simple as bolt the struts and shocks up and put springs in ? or do i have to run 94+ spindals for this to work corectly

93LX

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
This has been discussed on a number of occasions in the past. The struts will bolt up to your Fox spindles just fine. However, the SN99 struts are longer than the Fox ones, so you'll give up some bump travel, perhaps to the point that you'll be able to bottom things out too easily. The "fix" is to run some caster/camber plates that allow you to move the mounting location of the strut up higher, regaining some of the lost bump travel.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so some maximum motorsport Caster/camber plates? i wanted to get them anyway would this solve the travel problem.

thanks for the info. im kinda new to the mustang suspenion. but not the fox body

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
I have them on my 92 GT, although with the SN95 Spindles and MM CC Plates and I must say they are a great bargin for what you get. The difference in ride and handling are very noticeable. Good luck with your car!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. so you have the bullit suspenion in your car ? does it rige rougher than a normal fox or softer? sorry i just cant wait to get mine. i just need to focus on the main problem with my car and thats the trans. so i got to get that first then i get to carv cornners

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I know this the auto x forum but does anyone have the Bullet setup and drag race with ok results. I auto cross and i also drag race my car. I want something that is a slight upgrade over my current completely stock suspension (with the exception of MM CC plates). Basicly I want to get new shock/struts because mine are the originals from my 90 hatch. Right now I I like the way my car rides and launches at the track but its not quite what I want for the corners. Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Well, it will bolt in and you shouldn't have any problems.

I would however, get MM CC plates though. These will allow you to raise the upper strut mounting point which will give you more strut travel.
(The advantage of an sn95 spindle is that it will give you about 1/2 inch for strut travel than the 87-93 spindle).

All the info is on my site if you are interested. See the tech section...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts