Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about adding these to the new notch I just got (also 5 bolt 4 wheel disc convertion from a 95.)

Can anyone tell me where to find these ? I know they were the hot ticket a year ago, have supplies run out ? Also, Ive seen ads for "Bullit/Mach 1 spring/shock combo) is the Mach1 spring/shock combo the same or worse than the bullit package ?

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
jonathan said:
Thinking about adding these to the new notch I just got (also 5 bolt 4 wheel disc convertion from a 95.)

Can anyone tell me where to find these ? I know they were the hot ticket a year ago, have supplies run out ? Also, Ive seen ads for "Bullit/Mach 1 spring/shock combo) is the Mach1 spring/shock combo the same or worse than the bullit package ?
Get in touch with PPI, that is where I got my Bullitt Suspension from and it is real Bullitt stuff. It lowered my car about 3/4" all the way around and it handles like it is on rails. I also did the 5 lug cobra brake conversion at the same time and added Bullitt Wheels. Here is a Pic

http://www.corral.net/photopost/data/500/medium/Finished1.jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
jonathan said:

I think the only people left on the planet with the Bullitt parts is www.performancepartsinc.com . Go with the Bullitt stuff if you can get it. The Mach 1 parts pale in comparison.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I got mine from someone who owns a Bullitt and had very low milage stock take off pieces. He had upgraded to H&R/Bilstein stuff and sold me his stock stuff. Watch the classifieds for someone selling.

I must say the Bullitt suspension is probably the best bang for the buck setup. Sure H&R/Bilstein would be a better handling combo, but for twice the money.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Kinda confused...If you're going to spend that much for Bullitt suspension stuff, why not get like Eibach Pro Kit with Bilstein shocks? The Pro Kit won't lower it as much. Is the Bullitt suspension pieces that that much better than aftermarket?

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Because 1) Eibach and Bilstein combo costs twice as much and 2) The Bullitt struts and shocks are matched to the spring rates. It's a viable option for people looking for a cost-effective, plug&play upgrade with only a very mild drop.

·
Registered
350 Posts
MFE said:
Because 1) Eibach and Bilstein combo costs twice as much and 2) The Bullitt struts and shocks are matched to the spring rates. It's a viable option for people looking for a cost-effective, plug&play upgrade with only a very mild drop.
I see. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I took out Eibach pro-kit springs to install my Bullitt stuff. The Eibach pro-kit springs are for looks, and that's it. They have basically stock spring rates and they lower a stock style suspension car too much for it's own good (loss of proper geometry). The Bullitt springs have higher spring rates (linear, not progressive like the Eibachs) and do not lower the car to the point that the stock suspension is out of whack. The Bullitt setup is a matched set of shocks/struts/springs and handles better than the pro-kit. Also a lot less money overall.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I picked up my bullit springs on ebay for $50 (shipping included). They are in great condition. mach 1/ bullit shocks turn up there occasionally. Be carefull, ebay sucks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
sivnalem said:
I picked up my bullit springs on ebay for $50 (shipping included). They are in great condition. mach 1/ bullit shocks turn up there occasionally. Be carefull, ebay sucks.
I'd hate to think what you paid $50 for. Were there any code tags on them?????

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
spring chart wrong on mach1

rates are correct but drop is 1/2 inch not 3/4.

·
Registered
114 Posts
DSOStang said:
I'd hate to think what you paid $50 for. Were there any code tags on them?????
yep

A quick look on ebay and mach 1 registry turns up a few returns for sub $100 mach1 springs. People may not realize what they have.

j rick kirby said:
rates are correct but drop is 1/2 inch not 3/4.
Cool. That does line up with some other sources like on mach 1 registry. Actually I think I do have the mach 1 springs not the Bullitt springs. Nothing that a sawzall and some time won't take care of (1/4 to 1/2 coil only).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts