Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of instructions or a how-to posted anywhere for the OEM Ford Bullit pedal kit???

I've read in passing that there's a HARD way and and EASY way to install the clutch & brake pedals.
(I'm obviously looking for the easy way... :D )

The dead pedal & the gas pedal won't be an issue as they come pre-mounted.

Any help???

·
Registered
75 Posts
don't have a link, but I can describe the process.

The clutch and brake were identical. first, just pull off the stock rubber pads. Next, place the bottom of the bullitt pad on the pedal and slide the pad up and over the top of the pedal.

This sounds a lot easier than it is... the rubber is stiff and you have to stretch it quite a bit. the rubber lip goes all the way around the pedal. had to work the pads around a bit to loosen them up, then slid one corner over at a time. just have to be patient and keep trying. it's still a he11 of a lot easier than drilling the pedals.

Alternatively, I suppose you could try using your feet to squish them on, dunno how well that works though.

Oh, and don't forget to set the e-brake. :rolleyes:

you'll love the pedals, they grip much better when wet and I get tons of compliments on the looks.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Bullitt pedals

When I installed mine I started by getting the top of the bullitt pedal on first then I took a screwdriver and worked the rubber around the medal. Try using some silicone spray to help in sliding them on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did about the same as the previos post - but I also got a small hand held mirror and put it behind the pedals so I could see what I was doing with the screwdriver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts