Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is ready for the dyno once my new maf shows up (thanks VMP, top notch service)

Running 9.6ish comp, ported PI heads, HP 292 cams (left over from my blower) on3 T70, 60lb injectors hpx maf and dual gt super pumps.

What do ya'll reckon my pump gas limit will be? My tuner said 550 but I made almost 500 on a P1sc on pumpgas so I think a nice T70 should have no trouble making 600??

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm running higher compression and 93 Octane and making 645whp/652wtq with no signs of detonation and could easily add some more boost. 550whp is FAR from the max on pump gas!

TIP: If those cams were designed specifically for a BLOWER (NOT Turbo) ... ditch them! See my other thread from a few days ago!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have those cams and am going back to stock cams FYI...
the power is like a centri blower but I also have ported heads and a eddy victor manifold.

Maybe you will have better luck with the stock intake?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, I wanna stretch this T70 to it's max.

I do have the stock PI intake, personally I see nothing wrong with this intake. It survived 15+ psi on my procharger daily.

I am leaning towards a set of MHS turbo cams or MMR turbo cams, or maybe just stock ones again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'd really like to see this happen?
My IATs were 125 degrees and I'm positive I could make it there on 93. You can get pretty far on 93. I know there is a guy on ModdedMustangs making 715whp on pump gas and YSi.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Have you logged your iats while making a 1/4 pass?
You have a link to a 2v making 700+rwhp on pump gas only and not E85.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
My IATs were 125 degrees and I'm positive I could make it there on 93. You can get pretty far on 93. I know there is a guy on ModdedMustangs making 715whp on pump gas and YSi.
I think hes talking bout corys old car

·
Registered
223 Posts
Have you logged your iats while making a 1/4 pass?
You have a link to a 2v making 700+rwhp on pump gas only and not E85.
y2k02, I know you already saw this on ModdedMustangs but figured I'd post here too. This isn't the one I was thinking of ... but still impressive!
759rwhp/716rwtq Twin Tuurbo 99 GT on Pump Gas

Also, my IATs are always LOWER on the dragstrip than they are on the dyno. I don't have a log of the turbo setup right now but I'll log one this weekend.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'd really like to see this happen?

At 16psi on the 67 billet turbo I had my iat's were 90 degrees with an 11.9-12.1:1 af and I made 660rwhp.

I'm going for 750-800rwhp on 93 pump, custom turbo setup 4.5" core intercooler, 9.1:1 compression, 2618 alloy diamond pistons. Comp billet wheel tripple ceramic ball bearing oil-less 70mm turbo. ;)

I think 20-22psi should get me there iat's around 115-120 tops is my goal and richen the tune a little to around 11.6-11.8:1. The biggest factor in pushing 93 on a turbo setup is keeping the iat's cool and the tune a little rich.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was at the dyno waiting to put my car on it while the car in link below was tuned with 93 at 18psi.
New Numbers for my Hellion Cobra - SVTPerformance

Then when he used that same tune and 18psi he lost his engine about 4 weeks later.
I think the motor blew tonight. - Page 2 - SVTPerformance

If you guys only want "dyno" number then go ahead and use 93.
You plan to use the same tune as the dyno pull at the track you might want to run higher octane fuel.

I have lost forged engines running 93.
I always throw in 2 extra gallons of 108 before running. My current tune is backed off 2 degrees from what it was doing on the dyno with zero detonation. Nobody is telling this guy to go make 750whp .... but he can certainly make more than 550whp.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I only run 12psi on the street for daily driving. This is a track tune, final tuning done on the street with real load not on a dyno. Im not in the least bit worried about 93. When the setup is done properly it's easy to do safely, way to many street cars out there nowadays running 700-800rwhp on pump gas anyway.

Were talking about pump gas limits here and from my expereince I would say 20psi and 800hp but there are lots of factors getting you there. And if parts of the equations are overlooked sure you can have problems.

The new 5.0's are making 750rwhp at 10psi on 11:1 compression, pump gas.

I remember awhile back when people thought anything over 9:1 compression and 500rwhp and you had to use race fuel etc and going over that was unheard of. Things change.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I only run 12psi on the street for daily driving. This is a track tune, final tuning done on the street with real load not on a dyno. Im not in the least bit worried about 93. When the setup is done properly it's easy to do safely, way to many street cars out there nowadays running 700-800rwhp on pump gas anyway.

Were talking about pump gas limits here and from my expereince I would say 20psi and 800hp but there are lots of factors getting you there. And if parts of the equations are overlooked sure you can have problems.

The new 5.0's are making 750rwhp at 10psi on 11:1 compression, pump gas.

I remember awhile back when people thought anything over 9:1 compression and 500rwhp and you had to use race fuel etc and going over that was unheard of. Things change.

True story. I remember building low comp motors was considered a must for boost, now people are upping the comp.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
lightblade, You fail in remembering that the op has a 2v heads. My comments are directed to the 2V setups.
You wont find guys with 2V heads making 700+rwhp running at the track putting up numbers that a 700+rwhp should make that would make said pass using only 93 pump gas.

Good read on the new 5.0 failures.
2011 & Up Coyote 5.0 Piston / Cylinder Failure

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have lost forged engines running 93.

Sounds like you ran too much boost or timing and it was a tune problem. I run E85 in all of my cars but never once had a engine fail due to octane since I tune for that fuel type to not over extend my engine.

You saying 93 destroyed your motor is like saying guns kill people...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts