Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I have a stock block bottom end car with a trick flow top end...with an On3 kit 14 psi making just shy of 500 rwhp...safe tune

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a stock block bottom end car with a trick flow top end...with an On3 kit 14 psi making just shy of 500 rwhp...safe tune
How many miles do you have on that turbo set up? Sorry Jay don't mean to high jack your thread!

·
Registered
448 Posts
The only real difference between 93's car and mine is his is auto mine has a stick still. I have 6500 on mine with no real issues yet. I have some oil leaks from old gaskets but I expected that. I resealed my lower intake last year no problems since. Oh and I would make a breather setup for sure. I'm also running the mp t70 instead of the on 3 turbo.

·
Registered
205 Posts
MP70. I have built a few for customers that all have over 5k on their set up and love them. One has 21k with no issues. Just a safe tune, good gaskets and keep the power within reason and it will last a long time.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
How many miles do you have on that turbo set up? Sorry Jay don't mean to high jack your thread!
I have the On3 turbo about 500-600 miles i dont drive far to work it is a daily tho...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys,

I've got a local guy with a Precision 67 that I'd like to do a comparison to see how the MP runs with the same fuel/boost/timing. I've not looked at the MP line in years as the early issues were too much to be involved in. The current Precision line offers "entry level" ranging from 61-76mm with a year warranty and good pricing. However they just haven't gained the sales any retailer hoped for.

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I would really like to try a B&G import kit if I had the chance. Heard good things about it and the price range is right. They do have some decent parts in them too.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you like to drive on the street the turbo is the heart of you kit/setup Imho, if you splurge on anything in the kit do it on the turbo and the wastegate and cheap out else where. Cast wheel turbos are old technology dont waste your time. Get a billet wheel Comp or precision and thank me later. Best investment I ever made on my kit. My car spools up 1000rpm quicker on the same size turbo no other changes. If you want a cheap foreign turbo for a track mostly car check out magnum aka masterpower.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
The ebay gt45 is the SHIZ! No need to spend big money on a turbo. Do a search most have had great luck with them. No failures yet. If u are runnin a standalone then set ur overboost cut and run a ebay wg. If u get the gt45 from vsracing its only $325 shipped and u get the v band and flange.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I would really like to try a B&G import kit if I had the chance. Heard good things about it and the price range is right. They do have some decent parts in them too.
The import kit is the same stuff thats on ebay when u search "mustang turbo headers", but brian gives a 1 year warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts