Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first the AC thing broke, parts on order. Now my car started smoking a lil bit (white smoke) from around the same spot as the AC was smoking. I figured that it was just the left over stuff leaking from the AC. I jacked the car up today to fix my header leak and noticed a big puddle of anti-freeze on the ground. I started the car back up and looked under to see where it was coming from, it was leaking from the back side of the motor on the passenger side. I also checked my coolant level, yep went down. its leaking from this little black circular thing attached to the back of the head. directly to the right of the tranny, this is the only place it seems to be leaking. anyone

know what this thing is?

thanks jason

·
Registered
552 Posts
There is a coolant tube that runs through the valley in the block, it is connected to a hose that goes to the heater core. Is this what you are talking about?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had a leak in the same spot.Mine came from jacking up the motor and the hose cut on a screw extended out.It happened when i installed the jba's.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Did this happen at Milan (before or after)?? Man, you've been having some bad luck lately... :(

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually it happened at milan, while doing a burnout.

ok the black cylinder sticks out of the back of the block about 3 inches, on the top side of the black tube there is a hose that extends up into the engine bay. does this sound familiar to anyone????

thanks jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts