Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back together with a faceplated TKO and new clutch and flywheel. Spec is saying I need a 500 mile break in period. I am trying to put miles on the car before I head to the track. Just wonder what you guys do on a mostly track stick car.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I’ve always just gone to an open parking lot right after install and do a whole bunch of start/stops. Then drive the car normally for a few hundred miles. Avoid hard launches and riding the clutch out. Always worked for me.
And there’s always been a few hard drives in the break-in period due to me not having self control.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
it's not the distance but rather actuations, which i can't recall the exact number that mcleod told me when i went twin disc as it's been years but i had a little counter / panel meter from my work that i hooked up to the clutch switch and was in for surprise how quick it went by driving around the city and back roads

·
Registered
55 Posts
Track only car here with a faceplated TKO. I make a a few short runs around the block and double check clutch adjustment, then off to the track. Anytime I’ve had too much initial slip and thought it was done an adjustment takes care of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts