Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody has heard of these. The guy i got the car from said they are drag race headers but they have no brand or part number anywhere. Longtubes off a 351w that slide together. Ive got pics but cant post them yet:confused: There not in summit, jegs, doug herbert, etc. Any info about possible brand or performance would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I had a set like that, that I used to fit a 351w in my 92. They were summit headers for a 302 that fit very well. They had no marks on them as you are describing. But I did have constant header leaks with them and I thought they were leaking around where they slide together at. They are a cheap alternitve header to use when doing a 351 convertion.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking they were cheap looking and i doubt i go back with them. Its not too much more difficult to deal with a regular set of longtubes

·
Registered
563 Posts
When I took the summit headers out I went with BBK 1 3/4 long tubes and they were very hard to get in and I had to beat the crap out of them to get them around the steering shaft. These are problems that I did not have with the summit headers. But there are no more exhaust leaks now either!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to consider that. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
12 Posts
What the hell are break away headers? All true race headers will have individual tubes that aren't welded together. It's only the out-of-the-box stuff that will be one-piece, not 5-piece.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What? You are something other than a man? I think you should keep that to yourself Jason.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, it seems that calling them slip fit would be better. The guy i got the car from just said break away and i had never heard of it either. They appear to small too be race headers though

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
563 Posts
you need the flaming river steering shaft for most long tube headers.... then you wont have to beat them....
I called flaming river before beating on the headers and they said that there steering shaft would not give the clearance needed so I did not buy it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was just wondering if anybody has heard of these. The guy i got the car from said they are drag race headers but they have no brand or part number anywhere. Longtubes off a 351w that slide together. Ive got pics but cant post them yet:confused: There not in summit, jegs, doug herbert, etc. Any info about possible brand or performance would be much appreciated.
they are flowtech...and they are garbage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, it seems that calling them slip fit would be better. The guy i got the car from just said break away and i had never heard of it either. They appear to small too be race headers though
Just because they are small does not mean they are not race headers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts