Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Brembo's really worth the extra money? From the reviews I've seen, stopping distances appear to be about the same. Perhaps fade is significantly better with the 00R Brembo's (?). Any other advantages?

Will be used for occasional open track events.

Price difference is about $500. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
998 Posts
I recently replaced my Cobra brakes with the Brembo's, and I'm glad I did. Brake pads are significantly easier to swap, the caliper is stiffer and has much better fade resistance. I beat the snot out of these things at Gingerman a couple weeks ago, and they never even came CLOSE to fading. I literally metled my inside rear pads after 3 sessions, but the front's held up great.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Those reviews are probably something J98GT and I regurgitated on other boards... ;)

Basically its just at 110% they stand up to fade better. Bling is another factor if you wish.

Here is a shot of my (and J98GT) setup:

p.s. Come out to GingerMan on September 17/18 with SCMC, or wait till October 9th at Waterford with www.SAAC-MCR.com

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks like you might have those rotors on backwards. The slots should hit the rotor on the outside edge first. (I just put the same kit it)

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
jgorm said:
Looks like you might have those rotors on backwards. The slots should hit the rotor on the outside edge first. (I just put the same kit it)
I got them right. The vanes draw the air OUTWARD (center to outter rim), and since this is passenger front, it rotates clockwise and is on correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts