Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating what I want to do with my brake situation. The current rotors are warped pretty bad. I'm looking at this kit from AM Ford Racing Mustang SVT Front Brake Upgrade Kit M-2300-S (05-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping

I like that it comes with SS lines and all the things you need. I'm hoping to get back into OT by the end of the year and running 3-4 events next year. Should I keep saving and get this kit, or just do a pad and rotor upgrade and use the remainder money for a tuner? I have 18's so fitment isn't a problem and car is bone stock.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just curious, are these calipers a bolt on using SN95 spindles? Are these Brembo calipers the same as the Cobra R calipers?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just curious, are these calipers a bolt on using SN95 spindles? Are these Brembo calipers the same as the Cobra R calipers?
No, you would need an adapter kit to bolt those GT500 Brembos to a 94-04 spindle.

Vintage Venom was one company that made the adapter kit, but Im not sure of what their current situation is.
SN95 Mustang: Shelby GT500 Brake and Wheel Conversion Kit | Venom Technologies
I'll bite, since you asked... We're currently developing an adapter similar to this to allow the use of GT500 4pot brembo take-offs on the SN95, since Vintage Venom is sadly no longer manufacturing them. From what I hear, the website is simply still online so that customers can find documentation on already-purchased products.

In the mean time, we also sell an adapter bracket to run S197 2 piston (GT) calipers with 14" GT500 rotors. This setup provides superior stopping power than a 13" cobra kit, and can be pieced together for less money.

SN95 14" S197 Retrofit Brake Kit Bracket - SN95 (1994-1998) - Mustang

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up going with Powerstop's Z26 kit and some braided lines. I found out my 18" factory Bullitt's would not clear the Brembo's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts