Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i did my 5 lug i kept drums in the rear, and i used 95 v6 calipers on the front (spindles and all), this winter i plan on getting a set of 99-04 gt/v6 brakes for the front ( i can reuse my rotors, only will have about 1k on them) and then thats going to make me need a better mc and bb right there, but then i wanna do nrc brackets in the rear and do 94-95 rear calipers. when i look the calipers up at advance it comes up with different rear calipers for the 94-98's than the 99-04's i think. are the 94-04 rear brake calipers the same or different?

so 99-04 non cobra pbr's and 94-04 rear calipers will need a 93 cobra booster and master cyl?

im gonna need that conversion thing for the master cyl on mm right? what lines am i looking for, i had to use the 95 soft lines now, so would i just find out what calipers i have (fine or coarse thread) and go from there.? the rears will be what just the sn95 rear caliper stainless lines?

i dont need a whole lot more brake, but my pedal is soft now cause the 95 calipers are a 1/4 inch bigger on each side, and i dpont wanna find a master cyl for that casue its a fast fill for drums so this is my end all solution to my brakes for the next few years.

thanks for the opinions.

·
Registered
567 Posts
When I did the Cobra/SN95GT swap on my old Fox, I went with stainless braided lines in the front and kept the rubber out back. I also added the Cobra MC and BB (which is a bit of a PITA to get in) because the stock Fox power system is not sufficient. That new setup made a HUGE difference. The other part you need to worry about is the stock rear proportioning valve. The one on the FOX does not allow near enough pressure to the rear to all make the rotor/caliper setup functional. I removed mine completely and put a Wilwood proportioning valve in the line on the passenger side firewall. For all instances, except open track, i ran the Wilwood valve wide open to the rear brakes. Now granted, I had the 13" setup in the front which required little brake pressure so rear lockup was not a problem. With the 99-04 GT setup in the front, you will need a little more pedal effort. Just tune the rear brakes to not lock before the fronts and you should be good to go.

In the front, the 99-04 (dual piston) calipers differ from the 94-98 (single piston). In the rear, they are same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts