Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, trying to figure out which direction to go next. Carbotech pads aren't working out for me, so I'm going back to semimetallic. I've used Performance Friction Compound 01 last time around with great success, so I'm looking for something that's similar to that pad in terms of performance and rotor life. The setup is 94 Mustang with 2000 Cobra R Brembo front and stock GT rear, looking for recommendations for both front and rear, or I guess in this case rear would just have to be a bit less aggressive than front pad.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had nothing but issues with rotor life using Carbotech pads. That was using a pad they referred to as their “endurance racing” pad. I switched to Raybestos ST-47 pads in front. That improved rotor life and pad life remained relatively the same. FYI, the car also has 3” ducts with fans.

I for the life of me cannot remember if that is what is in the rear or not. I just don’t change them often enough to remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm running StopTech pads in my SN95 GT brakes. Very happy with them so far.

They work fine for street duty, but they're awesome once they're warmed up. No fade at all during 20 minute open track sessions. Cost effective too.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
You might try the Power Stop Track Day pads. They're inexpensive and I've found them to work quite well on my CTS-V. I'm not shy on the brakes and haven't had any issues. (I ran the Raybestos STs before the Power Stops, and Hawk DTC70s/60s before the Raybestos.) I can get front and rear pads for my V for quite a bit less than just the Raybestos front pads.

Part numbers would be PST1053 for your fronts (same as what I run in the rear on my Caddy) and PST627A for the rears. About $150 for both sets on Rock Auto; check Amazon, too, as sometimes they're cheaper than RA.

If you decide to go with the Raybestos (which is definitely not a bad choice), be sure to check pricing with randallraceparts.com. That site has been mentioned in this forum before, but it bears repeating - really good pricing on the Raybestos pads.

·
Super Moderator
27,652 Posts
ST47's are the closest thing to unicorn horns you're ever going to find. Effective cold, effective hot, ridiculously durable, yet rotor friendly. There used to not be such a thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts