Ford Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Those things are a b*tch to cut. I started out with an industrial bandsaw until I broke the blade (was old though). Wound up having to use a cut-off tool to cut through that stuff - which took more material away than I would have liked, but oh well. I feel sorry for anyone going at it with a hacksaw.

The only thing I haven't gotten back on their are the anti-moans.

I'm going to try a simpler approach and just grind the weld off, and reposition the "arm" of the bracket back towards a proper mounting point. Should be no biggie.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Vettkilr said:
I feel sorry for anyone going at it with a hacksaw.

I'm going to try a simpler approach and just grind the weld off, and reposition the "arm" of the bracket back towards a proper mounting point. Should be no biggie.
i used a hacksaw, wasnt bad at all. took maybe 1 minute per side.

thats exactly how i did the anti-moans but you have to cut off the flat part of the bracket or else it will hit the shock mount (mine did).

adam

·
Registered
217 Posts
Adam -
Thanks for the reply - and thanks for the initial analysis!

Jeez, a hacksaw? You got some huge arms then!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
nah, not huge. hahaha

good blades do all the work.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
537 Posts
blades...

avbcon12 said:
nah, not huge. hahaha

good blades do all the work.

take care,
adam
I'll be doing the hack saw thing too. What brand blades did you use??

Gerardo

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
i used the craftsman brand metal blades. i was going to use the bandsaw we have at work but that meant another trip to the shop... i was surprised at how fast they cut with the hacksaw.

adam

·
USAF retired
9,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
You can get a metal cutting blade for your circular saw.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had nightmares last night to do with using a hacksaw to cut those brackets. ;)

Just makes for a good excuse to go out and buy another power tool...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
So any of you guys cut the Cobra brackets yet? How do those work out??

·
Registered
537 Posts
Cobra brackets...

Mustang5L5 said:
So any of you guys cut the Cobra brackets yet? How do those work out??
I hope to be doing this very mod Jan. '05. I'll let you know and maybe post some pics.

Gerardo

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
G Biscuit said:
I hope to be doing this very mod Jan. '05. I'll let you know and maybe post some pics.

Gerardo
Oh REALLY? LOL! I'll have to hold you to that!

Thomas

·
Registered
537 Posts
LOL!!!

trbkrb said:
Oh REALLY? LOL! I'll have to hold you to that!

Thomas
:lol:
You know I'm holding out for the Jan. 1st 1/2 price sale at P.A.P.! Try to free yourself up that day Thomas. I could use a hand. :)

Gerardo

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am midway into this and everything is working just like the posted instructions. Now, here is my question.......how did you setup your ebrake? That is the only thing I can't figure looking at this brake setup, will it work?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Welli decided not to go with it.

I went with a normal SN95 GT/V6 rear setup. I got a good price on everything and i wanted to push my rear wheels out a bit to match the fronts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
great info! noticed these fit sn94 8.8 & fwd. would someone advise on the mods (if possible) to fit to a narrowed 93 LX housing (will use leaf springs,1978 MGB). the 93 hsg has been narrowed by Moser Eng. to 52" Flange to flange and has the 28 spline axles. discs would look better than drums

41 - 60 of 312 Posts