Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i no longer have a vacuum tree, when hooking up bov can it go directly to an available port under upper intake?

how about wastegate?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Vaccum from any spot is fine..as long as it receives it....

·
Registered
260 Posts
your bov needs to be hooked up pre throttle body and your wastegate needs to be post throttle body

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Both can be t'd off from the upper intake. That's where mine was and it worked flawless

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Upon reflection, I think it might be best to put the BOV ahead of the throttle to reduce the chance of boost spikes if the throttle snaps closed.

But then again, if there was a boost spike like that, it wouldn't be damaging to the engine. You might only have a problem with bogging down the turbo and causing compressor surge. Any overboost condition at the manifold would still be handled fine by a BOV plumbed into the manifold. (As other posters confirmed, it worked fine for them.)

I also wonder if the OP is using a MAF, if it's blow-through or draw-through, and if the BOV will be plumbed back into the intake.

·
Registered
737 Posts
bov needs to see vaccum and boost, therefore any port on intake will be fine. When the bov sees vaccum(i.e. from throttle blade closing) it opens the bov thus preventing pressure surge from boost going back to the turbo since throttle blade closed. Most turbo gurus recommend wastegate hooked directly to boost only source for faster responses to pressure changes. i currently have both of mine coming off intake and works fine. if your turbo is tapped for boost reference port that is the one to use on wastegate if you elect to use seperate sources.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts