Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Botched Custom Exhaust **Updated**

Is there anyway possible this will work. I dropped my Turbo 2v to get a single 3” exhaust done and this is the pic he just sent me. Will I have a problem with the sway bar and axle hitting?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
yuck.. how much clearance between the sway bar and exhaust? It looks like it will hit.
On second thought, YES, it will hit.

ks

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is no way that will work! The tail pipe needs to curve over the axle.

I'd be worried about what else this guy did elsewhere on the exhaust.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly what I just told him.. I’m not taking it like that don’t know what he was thinking this is the junk work I get around where I am

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Wow....that guy should be ashamed of himself!!! Why didn’t he just go over the axle? You have plenty of room.
And ask him what happened to his pipe bender. WTF?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He just texted me that pic didn’t actually see it yet but just from that pic it looks embarrassing. He didn’t even put a bend in it after the muffler.. the tail pipe looks like it’s not centered and sticking out too much. Also looks like before muffler towards front the bends look kinked

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I’d honestly tell him to stop. Pay him for his time and bring it to someone who knows the simple process to bend and weld a custom exhaust. Not too difficult, this guy is just clearly lost...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Is that a joke?

As soon as the car sits on it's own weight that's gonna crimp. That is garbage work. I hope this isn't an exhaust shop? If it is they put the lowest guy on the totem pole on your job.

Is 3" big enough? Sounds small for a turbo single pipe setup.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I made 900hp thru a single 3" in far from perfect conditions.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is that a joke?

As soon as the car sits on it's own weight that's gonna crimp. That is garbage work. I hope this isn't an exhaust shop? If it is they put the lowest guy on the totem pole on your job.

Is 3" big enough? Sounds small for a turbo single pipe setup.

Full time exhaust shop been there over 30yrs the owner is a old school racer. I find it hard to believe the owner seen this, he wouldn’t except this. I spoke with them they are changing it all I will update tomorrow. If still looks like crap I am taking my car and leaving there not getting a dime

·
Registered
559 Posts
That's terrible!! The end of the sway travels more than the rear end. It'll come up and try to cut it like a pair of scissors!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I’d honestly tell him to stop. Pay him for his time and bring it to someone who knows the simple process to bend and weld a custom exhaust. Not too difficult, this guy is just clearly lost...
I’d do all this minus the paying him part.

We’ve done lots of exhausts here. That one you have there is complete dog ####.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I’d do all this minus the paying him part.

We’ve done lots of exhausts here. That one you have there is complete dog ####.
Ya, the more I look at the picture, I wouldn’t give him even a penny for his efforts. I’m actually still dumbfounded by this. This isn’t a joke right? Ha.
You should’ve supplied him with a pipe bender and 1/2 of a brain as well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ya, the more I look at the picture, I wouldn’t give him even a penny for his efforts. I’m actually still dumbfounded by this. This isn’t a joke right? Ha.
You should’ve supplied him with a pipe bender and 1/2 of a brain as well.
Unfortunately not a joke we will see tomorrow he said he was gonna correct it I will update pics tomorrow. Believe me if still F!?, up he is not getting a penny

1 - 20 of 38 Posts