Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was in a 35 mph zone. Passenger has multiple fractures in both legs. He is lucky to be alive. This happened this last Sat. They had not even traveled one mile from the dealership when this happened.

·
Registered
922 Posts
People always find trees when doing something stupid....

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
Ouch!! Sucks for the passenger...hopefully they recover well.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have a hard time believing just 35mph....

If it's true though, those things obviously have ####ty side impact strength.

Does the "frame" on the vette not pass along the door sill areas?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I wish the boss and the rider the best from my heart. Looks like that concrete, tree saving barrier won. Should have been the other way around.

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
I have a hard time believing just 35mph....

If it's true though, those things obviously have ####ty side impact strength.

Does the "frame" on the vette not pass along the door sill areas?
Didn't say they were doing 35...it happened in a 35mph zone.

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, in a 35 mph zone. Police guess speed in excess of 100 when they lost it and went across 3 lanes and hit the concrete light pole. Scrubbed off some speed by spinning 180* and going across oncoming traffic to get to the light pole. Left about 150 feet of skid marks on the pavement. The light pole stopped them from flipping and rolling into the storage buildings. Could have been a lot worse. If you look close at the first picture, you can see the light pole laying across the parking lot of the storage facility.

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope the dealership does the right thing and replaces the vehicle.
We had just received the vehicle that day. Our dealership bought the vehicle from another dealership and had it shipped in. Lasted all of 3 hrs Lol.

·
Registered
25,699 Posts
Wait. This was your car? If so, I'm very sorry for your loss. Do not let the dealership push this onto your insurance.

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wait. This was your car? If so, I'm very sorry for your loss. Do not let the dealership push this onto your insurance.
Umm, no. The dealership bought the car from another dealership. It was the dealerships car. The general manager and a salesman went out for a "test drive". I would not own a Vette Lol.

·
Registered
25,699 Posts
Umm, no. The dealership bought the car from another dealership. It was the dealerships car. The general manager and a salesman went out for a "test drive". I would not own a Vette Lol.
Ahh... Sorry. I lost that along the way. Probably because I've read all of the horror stories about customers having their cars wrecked by dealers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts