Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
12,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would put up some pictures of a Boss block 347 build. I will address the boss blocks short cylinder issue when building a 347 later, I just wanted to get up some pictures for you to see what we do here at FordStrokers.com :) I just got done finish machining and painting it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
How far does that block look like it can be bored out? I'd love a big bore short stroke boss engine.

·
Vendor
12,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4.185, after that the spacing between cylinders gets thin and it's hard to keep a head gasket in the motor, which is simply a function of the 4.380 bore spacing on small fords. 4.155 x 3.250, that will work nicely, and its a shelf piston

·
Vendor
12,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the short cylinder gonna be a problem with the 3.40 stroke with a 5.4 rod?
at .0025 clearance its not bad, with a 2618 forged piston and making some big power setting the piston to wall at .005+ I will not do. This is a 450-475hp N/A must pass emissions build for a california customer and his wife. He mandated the use of the Boss block.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
head gaskets

Woody, What head gaskets do you use on your boss block builds? FRPP recommends either M-6051-S331 or M-6051-CP331. According to summit's website, the S331 is multi layer steel and the CP331 is composite? Is this accurate information? Will any other composite gaskets work on this block?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm aware of the short-cylinder issue-feature. If one can ignore it for a moment, judging by looking at the pictures, it seems the Boss block is about the stoutest thing you could ever imagine putting in a car. That thing is plain THICK.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Subscribing so I can find out more about using the Boss block on these stroker builds.

Post more as soon as you can.

Brandon

·
Registered
345 Posts
Keep us posted!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts