Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7 pound spring in my w/g and a manual boost gauge I figured since I'm running a intercooler ill lose some boost so I turned my controller a full turn but my boost gauge is reading 5 psi I would have figured I'm around 7 any idea what's happening the controller is from race part solutions I have it ran from the top nozzle on the w/g and a tee from the bottom nozzle on the w/g and the compressor its a 48mm turbosmart w/g

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I have boost gauge vacuum teed from fuel pressure vacuum

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
Boost controllers are not an "exact" science. Depending on a number of variables, what they actually show in boost is not necessarily directly related to the number of turns, or numerical representation on an electronic boost controller.

Assuming your lines are hooked up right, test carefully and document the results so you know what you are dealing with.

My AMS 500 shows way more boost on the dials then what I see at the datalog but it works just fine. You just have to match up the "relative" nature of the controller.

Interestingly, I also see differences between my stand alone data logger and the built in Gen 7 logger with the laptop. Not sure why, but the display of the reading from the MAP sensor is a bit off from one another.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have a turbosmart 45 gate with a 7 lb spring and a turbonetics manual boost controller.
one turn made about 2-3 lbs difference, usually makes 11-12 lbs and has creeped to 14.
just have to do some testing to get it set where you want it

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where is your wastegate pressure source coming from?
I have the bottom vacuum port of the w/g connected to the Turbo the manual boost controller to the top of the wastegate vac port and a tee from the bottom vacation port of the wastegate. Thanks

I gave the manual boost controller another turn and it put my boost right at 7 Psi I just want to make sure. Thanks fellas
Car runs great it holds 7 psi through the whole gear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts