Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres my build. http://forums.corral.net/forums/turbochargers/1358369-turbo-5-0-diy-build-pix-included.html

i have tried 2 different boost controllers so far and both could only get about 8psi in first and second gear, BUT playing with the boost controller would only raise it past 8psi in 3rd gear. i can use the controller to control how high i want it to go but like i said it will only go past 8psi in 3rd gear. any ideas? coould an exhaust leak be causing this? when i make a pull it will spool to 8psi for 1st and second and the second it shifts into 3rd the boost jumps up. other then that i am very happy with how my kit turned out

·
Registered
123 Posts
On my turbo fox i have a 10# spring and 2 weeks ago i blew a exhaust header gasket and it was only getting 5#'s, So a exhaust leak will not let the turbo spool up and could be your problem. I fixed the gasket and now its back to 10#'s

·
Registered
648 Posts
I read your build , and have a few opinions on your problem. First the gt45 is big for a 302 with the 1.05 housing, this will take longer too spool than a small t70. And considering the 1.05 housing and 3.73's your going to pull through 1st and 2nd gear before having enough time to build boost. So yur getting enough load on turbo in 3rd to build more than 8lbs. And your exhaust leak is also contributing to the deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts