Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my boost gauge on my 96 cobra and can't get a reading, tapped into a vacuum source at the back of the manifold and nothing do I need to run a by-pass valve or what can't figure it out any help apprciated.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Well does that port on the manifold have vacuum? I've seen them stopped up with carbon before.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it has vacuum, but that is not the issue everything is brand new. Does a vacuum turn to a positive boost reference once boost builds, or do you have to run a guage with vacuum and boost both, because mine is just boost didn't know if that would have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
You said everything was new. Is this a new combo that you haven't driven much yet and haven't gotten into boost yet maybe? A turbo won't make boost just free reving it usually.

If you can blow in it and the gauge works and it has vacuum then it should work.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yea it's been to the dyno and driven It has got me puzzled the blow-off valve works and the fuel pressure regulator but when I teed into it for the guage I get nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts