Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a boost controller i have a engine vaccum line going down to the bov and then i have a vaccum line going from wastegate to turbo.
i have another place to hook a vaccum line to the waste gate for my boost controller but where does the other line go from boost controller

·
Registered
130 Posts
The BOV should have a vaccum/boost refernce line connected to it coming from the Intake Manifold.

The Wastegate should have a seperate boost refernce line connected to it that is coming from the turbo compressor housing. This line should be connected to the bottom port on the wastegate.

To connect the boost controller, tee into the line connected between the wategate and turbo and run it to the "in" port on the controller. Then run a line from the "out" port of the controller to the port on the top of the wastegate.

Hope this helps!

Jason

·
Registered
685 Posts
"Then run a line from the "out" port of the controller to the port on the top of the wastegate.

Hope this helps"

Vacuum line to bottom port of wastegate, top is left open to atmosphere if using manual controller.

·
Registered
130 Posts
"Then run a line from the "out" port of the controller to the port on the top of the wastegate.

Hope this helps"

Vacuum line to bottom port of wastegate, top is left open to atmosphere if using manual controller.

I've seen some manual boost controllers that operate in that fashion, but they usually don't work very well. The Turbonetics and HKS VBC style manual boost controllers work very well and are plumbed into the top port. I guess I should have asked what kind of controller. :)

Here's a good diagram.

http://turboneticsinc.com/forum/turbos/mbcinstall.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts