Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 ex NC SSP car I bought a on3 turbo kit for it recently and I'm trying to get all the pieces I need before I tear it down and install the turbo kit. About the car it's bone stock when I got it it even have the original spark plug wires on it from 93. It has 130,000 miles and grows Daily as I drive it. Even thing works heat A/C which is still R12 cruise control radio..etc. ill post pics of my build as I go I just picked up my hot side of the turbo kit from being ceramic coated. I have 42lb injectors and matched mass air a aeromotive 340 pump and regulator. A lentech street terminator valve body, aluminum driveshaft to go on the car as well....but now boost controllers? I want a good one but don't want to break the bank...ideas? Thanks nick!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
turbosmart eboost2 or ams500 for electrc boost control, or silpme yet effective Hallman pro manual boost controller, which is what ive got

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guys i appreciate yalls help! i checked out the hallman and im in but..they offer several different ones. is there a certain one i need or should get? i drive this car everyday if it matters. i think the adjustment knob one is cool..

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one more thing with which ever one i get could i use it in the future if i wanted to upgrade turbo kit? or put a set heads and intake on the car...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hallman Pro RX is what i have. As with any, It can be used on any turbo application or setup.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I was mistaken, I have the Hallman Pro, not the rx. Pretty much the same bust stainless ball instead of ceramic. Had it in my Volvo for a while, but pulled it out to use in the mustang now.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks again guys! i will be buying one ASAP! and once i get my hole tapped in my oil pan for my turbo drain i will start putting in all together. im finishing up installing my valve body this weekend. im going to make a thread of my build once i start.

·
Registered
128 Posts
the hallman controllers ive used for years issue free...buschurracing.com has a nice inline one..im running a turbo xs dual stage now have to see how it works out

·
Registered
503 Posts
I swapped out my Halman for an Eboost 2. Eboost 2 works great but, it's not an OMG difference or anything. Nice being able to adjust boost on the move and knowing that if there is a major boost spike the EBC will catch it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I use a Greedy Profec B. You can find them for about $200ish used. Its a little bit of a PIA to setup, but it ALWAYS has held my boost very steady, and to me, that is worth the money.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Im currently using a Grimspeed controller. Super nice piece for about 100 bucks, all ceramic bearings, clicks when turned and is controllable in .25 psi turns, 0-60 psi! more than I'll ever need for sure lol

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Im currently using a Grimspeed controller. Super nice piece for about 100 bucks, all ceramic bearings, clicks when turned and is controllable in .25 psi turns, 0-60 psi! more than I'll ever need for sure lol
so...how is it working out for you. if you had it to do over would you purchase it again? i'm thinking about acquiring a controller.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I dont really plan on using it to up my boost alot, since ill be on the explody-block limit...Im using it to help keep boost creep at bay..But its def a nice peice for the price. I set it at 12psi...and no more than 12psi is gettin thru..and thats a good thing :)

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I think for the money the hallman is hard to beat. If your turbo setup and wastegate location is correct then there will not be any spike or creep and the controller will do its job which is to raise the boost.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I dont really plan on using it to up my boost alot, since ill be on the explody-block limit...Im using it to help keep boost creep at bay..But its def a nice peice for the price. I set it at 12psi...and no more than 12psi is gettin thru..and thats a good thing :)
what lb spring?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts