Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know some of you hate on the cheaper turbo kits but realistically for the money its the best bang for the buck.

86 Flat top piston short block
cleaned up e7 heads
stock cam
stock intake
stock TB
MSD 6AL
Pro M MAF (3" blow through)
42lb Injectors
255 High Flow Fuel Pump
Boost Brothers SN95 Turbo Kit (T67)
T5 Trans w/ 2.73s
5psi of boost right now

Getting it tuned shortly just have to finish the exhaust (open dp right now) and find an air filter that fits.

!!!WATCH IN HD!!!

First Drive

Engine Startup

Questions just ask, look forward to comments as well.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Very nice Sounds good...I dont hear my turbo at all...i dont run an open down pipe tho...and i have a filter on mine so maybe that why mine is quiet..Oh wiat till you get 8-10 psi...LOL...Im at 14 psi...talk about fun!!!!! Good luck with your tune...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, the turbo is about all you hear inside the car, I will be running full exhaust I was just so ready to drive it.

Are you on a stock block? 14 seems high and I want to keep everything safe so thats why I figured 8-10, I do see you have meth though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Awesome man! I just finished my DIY kit and I'm at 7psi scares the crap out me sometimes. What fuel pressure and spark plug gap and timing?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome man! I just finished my DIY kit and I'm at 7psi scares the crap out me sometimes. What fuel pressure and spark plug gap and timing?
40psi
spark plugs are at .030
timing is locked out at 14 (no spout)

Getting a SCT chip in a week and Im not driving it much for now as its getting too much fuel and sputters out/dies when warm.

nice makes me want to get one
PM if you want the boost brothers kit, I know a guy that sells them for 1150 shipped. (brand new)

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Thanks man, the turbo is about all you hear inside the car, I will be running full exhaust I was just so ready to drive it.

Are you on a stock block? 14 seems high and I want to keep everything safe so thats why I figured 8-10, I do see you have meth though.
Yeah i run meth its a good thing to have...to be honest with you i have no idea where my timing is it was tuned with a moates QH...i know its right on with AFR readings at WOT..11.1 to 11.2..and like i said ive maybe hit 9 psi...the shop said the car feels awesome a 14 psi...lol...I had it out yesterday its so useless with street tires tho...i have to get the drag radials on ASAP...if i want to have any fun...:rofl:

Also no i dont hear anything but my blow off...no whitsle from the turbo but i do have an airfilter on it and i run bassani race mufflers car is pretty loud...lol

Good luck with you tune keep us posted...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nice lil set up.... That T5 isn't going to last long. What's the replacement? Should be a quick car. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice lil set up.... That T5 isn't going to last long. What's the replacement? Should be a quick car. Keep us posted.
The replacement is a turbo 99-04 haha, but seriously thats the body style Im looking for and Id like to do a turbo kit again.

·
Registered
446 Posts
40psi
spark plugs are at .030
timing is locked out at 14 (no spout)

Getting a SCT chip in a week and Im not driving it much for now as its getting too much fuel and sputters out/dies when warm.

PM if you want the boost brothers kit, I know a guy that sells them for 1150 shipped. (brand new)

congrats on getting it running! i also thought boost brothers went out of business?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
congrats on getting it running! i also thought boost brothers went out of business?
Yeah I believe they did, the guy I bought it from bought the rest of their inventory is my understanding. (but I cant say for sure). Either way he was more then helpful during the whole process.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hey man, Ive spoke with you a couple of times on youtube.. I'm snakeeaterz28 lol. Let us know the numbers it makes after your tune. I should be getting my car back this week, cant freakin wait!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
All the foxes I have seen this on are non-a/c cars. So it is really hard to say. I am putting this on my Fox but do not have a/c as well. Keep in ming you have to eliminate your sway bar when using this kit anyways. So if thats a dealbreaker, the a/c is a moot point.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I will be using ac with it... I mocked it up and the biggest problem was the down pipe hit the accumulator. I was able to take one bolt out of the bracket that holds the accumulator and angle it to miss the down pipe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts