Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting together a 347 built for boost. I need to make sure I use the correct fuel pump. Here's what I have

A4 302 block with forged internals
Ported trick flow heads
MLS head gaskets
1/2" studs
Cam good for use with supercharged ( selected by the engine builder)
I think the injectors I have are 60#
Trick flow intake
The engine builder guessed 400 hp without supercharger and I'm not sure what boost the charger will do 10# +/- maybe. It is a vortec V3-si but it is going out to vortec to get the bigger impeller installed.
Guesses on the HP#

I'm wondering what fuel pump I should run.
I bought A1000 pump for it but is the to big?

Thanks!

·
Registered
319 Posts
What fuel are you going to use? I've been running A1000 for many years if you change the 10 micron paper filter often they work awesome and last a long time. I change it once a year or racing a lot every 6 months

·
Registered
665 Posts
You don't really give enough information. Mostly it depends on the cam that you use and the exact pullies you put on the blower but other things also matter like compression, what fuel you use and what kind of exhaust you have.

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Cam/heads/compression/exhaust/intake/fuel have a impact on how much HP per psi of boost. Pump gas street car is around 20 HP per psi. My set up is worth about 35 HP per psi. But it is not a street car on pump gas either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Planning on turning the charger about as fast as vortec says is safe. C/R is 10:1 I bought the engine already assembled and the only info I have is the cam is supposed to be good for boost.

·
Registered
847 Posts
i like the elimiantor pump made 730 too the wheel with one and injector duty at 67% with 120 injectors

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
The Aeromotive Eliminator pumps are good. No doubt. I run 2 of them. :wink2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
would the Deatschwerks DW400 In-Tank Fuel Pump be enough fuel for my application and make my install a little easier?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would the Deatschwerks DW400 In-Tank Fuel Pump be enough fuel for my application and make my install a little easier?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Is your pump an inline or in tank? The deatsworks will work as well. Hell a 340lph will work for your goals.

Your combo will make what it makes. A 10 to 1 347 with a blower cam for street use will be hard pressed to make 400 hp to the wheel. 325 to 350 maybe. So 525 to 550 with 10# is reasonable. Spay some meth and add a little timing maybe a little more. Conservative tuning will yield the same.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Run the controller with any Aeromotive pump. Currently debating between A1000 and Pro Series as I have both, and a controller.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've ran a couple A1000's since 2004 without a controller mostly street some strip A1000 never had a problem without a controller. I've heard that not supplying a consistent 12 volts to these pumps causes premature failure with controllers constantly lowering and raising the voltage to the pump. Imo don't use a controller. Just keep at least 1/4 tank of gas in the car at all times don't run it out of fuel don't wait till the gas gauge is on E to put gas in. The only problem I had was after about 8-9 years the first A1000 started leaking after switching from gas to E-85. Good old pump was still doing its job well just developed slow drip. Sent it in to Aeromotive for rebuild they sent me a new one no charge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts