Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped my car off at my mechanic and i need to order an MM adj rear sway bar since im going to coilovers and road race rear control arms.

Which should i order? what bar size? and any other supporting mods i'll need?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
You should order the largest swaybar possible. Probably have'em build you a custom 3" solid bar with 3/4" heim joints then weld it one side and just bolt the other in.

Or, you could give us some actual information to better inform you of the mods you've purchased or going to purchase having no real knowledge if they'll help you or not.

Lastly, the search function would take no offense to having the dust blown off of it and payed a lil' attention to.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Despite the obvious sarcasm expressed above, calling MM might be a good place to start. With that said, I used the MM bolt-on version with a .75" solid bar. I chose this because it was used and a great price, but also because given what I want to do with the car, I think the .75" bar provides the range of adjustability I need. If I'd purchsed the bar new, I still believe I'd do the bolt-on as opposed to the weld-on version because I don't weld and on this type of part I prefer to do my own fitment. It can always be welded later if needed (so far, it's not needed).

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tip! i called MM today and they recommended i leave it off for the time being to see how it does and decide on size and such when the need arises. Fair enough, i just ordered some other bits that i needed to move the install along.

DGI

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
i like the simple fact that the guys at mm use logic to find a solution to a possible problem and not push random parts on you just to make a quick sale. pk

·
Registered
568 Posts
i like the simple fact that the guys at mm use logic to find a solution to a possible problem and not push random parts on you just to make a quick sale. pk
I was surprised to read that myself... there are still some good people out there lol

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Im gonna go with the 3/4inch solid bar bolt in, thats what thier race car is using and this is a bar at the softest setting its a tad bit stiffer than the stock bar, i figure this would be a great start little stiffer than stock or much stiffer depending how u use it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts