Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you correct this run for me? I can't find the correction site. 12.75 @ 105 3265 pound car 3850 above sea level corrected altitude. Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Woo Hoo going to FFW in Houston (sea level track) in 10 days hoping for good air. Stay tuned.
BTW Bob thanks.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Hell, your going faster N/A than I am with a blower. I don't know of any N/A GTs in the 11's. Good luck John,

Ed

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congrats John. Now only if I could have someone drive my car now right with slicks. see you in Houston since I'll be a spectator for awhile knee out of commission. :(
Craig

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Craig, be sure to stop by and say Hi at Houston FFW. John

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
John Edwards said:
Woo Hoo going to FFW in Houston (sea level track) in 10 days hoping for good air. Stay tuned.
BTW Bob thanks.
Don't bet on it, bub. Yes...we're at sea level here. Actually, the track's elevation is approximately 15 feet below sea level. It's built on land that used to be rice fields. Here's the catch..........IT'S HOTTER'N HELL OUT HERE!!!

I don't expect too much in the way of low density altitude reading right now. We should have something better than that god-forsaken Commerce track though. Should be in the low to mid 2000 feet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SD, Seeing how my local track is 1700+ before correcting for the air 2000 corrected doesn't sound that bad right now. Besides just maybe a cold spell will set in and get closer to sea level. Wishfull thinking I know but I can always hope.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Exactly! SD can't you do something about getting us some cooler weather for next weekend, I mean it's your home track come on!

Bill

·
Registered
56 Posts
No John Not Again!!

Now that yall are doing the correcting, I wonder what my 12.56 @ 104.9 2970 would come out to be? At John's above altitude.

John, if the weather turns cool, we better line up together, I'd hate to go into the 11's one pair behind you like I did in a galaxy far far away! :D

I did at least get my timeslip first. :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gary, I wish my engine was in your car. 11's for sure. I don't plan on any 11's anytime soon but close if the air is excellent. I'm sure you'll be there before me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea, I'd love to have your motor in mine for a couple of passes, that'd be a cool run. Your car sounds great man, I was standing behind it in the second round Sunday. Right now I'm not worried about 11's, I'm alot more concerned over my driving. I'm not even giving my car a chance. I'd take the cool weather in Houston just so I don't fry like I did last weekend:D What do you say SD, order us up some of that Reynolds, GA, weather. If you do that, even your car will be quick! :D

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Yeeeaaaahhhh........right.

Trying to control the weather in Texas is like trying to control women. You can try but it'll eventually you're gonna end up in deep chit.

Home track or not, any weather is better than Commerce. Around here we usually see around 2200 feet during the day, then it drops drastically when the sun starts to go down. However.........keep an eye on the humidity after the sun has gone. Hint, hint, hint.

What do you say SD, order us up some of that Reynolds, GA, weather. If you do that, even your car will be quick!

Laugh at the slow GT while you can Gman. You might end up with this expression when Gainesville rolls around. :eek:

While I will probably have this expression.......... :evil:

·
Registered
371 Posts
John what you need is one of our...

Top secret anti gravity hoods the hood is negative 50#'s the price is up there though $100,000,000.00 J/K :D So how light can a 94-up Mod Motor 4V weigh. I am hoping for 3000#'s with me only time will tell. Your car is definately flying good no's see you at Norwalk FFW hopefully. Later. Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts