Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Im looking into buying a fox body with an ON3 turbo kit installed. Kit was installed/tuned 500 miles ago by a shop with all the paper work. After some discussion with the seller he stated that the car has a little bit of blue smoke that exits the exhaust after a hard acceleration. Seller stated that issue was due to the car having 90 pound injectors ( i know normally extra fuel means black smoke). I have done some research and see that most people say that this normally is the valve seals but on the ON3 website it states in that a puff of smoke is sometimes normal from the kit. Just wanting some input before buying or missing out on a potential good deal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Most likely it is just some blow by, which is very normal.
Car needs a catch can set up that will help out a lot.

Not sure why there are 90# injectors on it as that is double the injector it needs to split the block. I'd question if they really are 90's as that is not a very common size injector.

Reactions: TomR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need more info about the build. Could be that the valve guides are worn from improper pushrod length. Why is he selling after 500 miles?
He got the car in a trade and installed the key but decided he wasn't a ford guy haha. Nothing to crazy done to the car besides the turbo kit, stock motor and heads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most likely it is just some blow by, which is very normal.
Car needs a catch can set up that will help out a lot.

Not sure why there are 90# injectors on it as that is double the injector it needs to split the block. I'd question if they really are 90's as that is not a very common size injector.
I was thinking the same thing about it not having a catch can installed. They did seem a little over kill to me. Is there a way to test to see if it is for sure a catch vs it needing valve seals? On average how much would a valve seal job be?

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Blue smoke could be from plumbing issues or bad parts. It could be anything from how things are plumbed to valve guides to turbo issues to bad rings.

It is impossible to say what it is....but one thing it is not is the injectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts