Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an on3 kit for my fox, i have a pro-m 75mm bullet maf.
Will it work in a blow through? Or will i need to buy a blow through maf?

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Yes, it will work in blow through configuration. Sometimes you can run into early pegging issues since the bullet's are not setup/calibrated for blow through, this is why I suggest the a Protube is used instead. I believe on that kit you will need just the sensor that goes onto flange.

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it will work in blow through configuration. Sometimes you can run into early pegging issues since the bullet's are not setup/calibrated for blow through, this is why I suggest the a Protube is used instead. I believe on that kit you will need just the sensor that goes onto flange.

Thanks, Chris
Thanks for the reply, just to make sure are you suggesting this part <PMAS 3’ PROTUBE Mass Air Meter 42lb Calibration 89-95 Mustang LX/GT< - PMAS Mass Air Meters

or something different?
My car is a 90lx, i will be using 42lb injectors and it will be blow through.
thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What MAFs are you guys on here using on blow through?

Anyone running with sucess with out a tune? Just maf, injectors, lock timing, and play with fuel pressure?

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Thanks for the reply, just to make sure are you suggesting this part <PMAS 3’ PROTUBE Mass Air Meter 42lb Calibration 89-95 Mustang LX/GT< - PMAS Mass Air Meters

or something different?
My car is a 90lx, i will be using 42lb injectors and it will be blow through.
thanks
Last few ON3 Car's I have tuned, I believe with the ON3 kit it has a weld on flange for sensor, if your kit does then the Protube wouldn't be correct for that setup, We also like the HPX slot style meters they are great in a blow through application.

If you could put up some pic's of piping I would be able to tell for meter, We have what you would need just have to make sure for application.

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill put pics up when it gets here, thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts