Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever blown a seal in there turbo to the point where oil is pouring out of the exhaust? A month ago I had a turbo sent to precision to replace the seals. My shop got the turbo back and installed it and even more oil started pouring out. They pulled the turbo again and saw oil on both sides of the compressor. They called to complain to precision about sending back the turbo not repaired. They also tell me that the turbo I have (PT67) is junk, so there going to try and get me an upgrade at a good deal since now I have to pay labor to pull the IC, piping and exhaust to have it cleaned out. Has anyone had this kind of problem? What kind of damage could this have done? What is a decent precision turbo to upgrade too.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
203 Posts
look for the borg warner turbos. they have the s-362 which is similar to what you have but smaller so it will spin faster but still make the same or more power there is also the s-370 which is bigger and makes more power and will probably spool the same as the 67 you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts