Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi again,
i finally have enough money saved up for a supercharger. i am trying to decide which one to go with. i am partial to the kenne bell because my car is 100% street and also nobody around here has the kenne bell blowzilla. also the car has a built up AOD, and i hear kenne bell is the best blower to use with an AOD. But now Vortech is giving the big discount to Ford owners, oh decisions, decisions......please help guys....

·
Registered
540 Posts
You won't be disappointed with a Vortech. A friend has the KB and he can barely drive the car because the torque comes on so quick.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Low end power rules on the street, the KB is the better SC. Configured correctly, the KB won't have traction issues whatsoever (don't change the rear gears basically). If it were me, I'd do something intercooled, the Procharger P1SC would be recomendation then.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I agree, go with the Vortech, as you can see in my sig, KB's really do poorly at the track. As mentioned, traction is another problem, at the track with drag radials, the best I can do so far is only 1.6 60' times. I will say this, it drives on the street like a stocker.

·
Registered
816 Posts
If your car is 100% street driven then I say get the Blowzilla/Flowzilla from Kenne Bell. When I hear someone say they make too much torque I have to laugh. I NEVER heard anyone with a big block engine complain about having too much torque. With a KB the power can be easily modulated with throttle position. It's not like using nitrous. There are KB cars with automatics running in the 10's (Don's will be there very soon) so they aren't nearly the slugs at the track as some like to claim. Also, the fun factor of a KB blown Mustang can not be overstated. :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
4Sale said:
Vortech rules the street we have proven it time an time again
KB is a good blower too but not my perfence
The fastest car rules the street and it can use a Vortech, stroked big block, nitrous, KB or 100,000 hamsters running on a treadmill. Vortechs don't rule anymore than Paxton's, ATI's, nitrous or KB's. It usually comes down to the skill of the driver and how much money did he spend on his car.;)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Don 95Vert said:
I agree, go with the Vortech, as you can see in my sig, KB's really do poorly at the track. As mentioned, traction is another problem, at the track with drag radials, the best I can do so far is only 1.6 60' times. I will say this, it drives on the street like a stocker.
Are you for real?
your car is posting 11 second ET's and "the best you can do so far" is 1.6 60 ft. times?
I wish I had that "problem" and I wish my car did that "poorly" at the track.
geeez:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
For me, money was an issue when picking a blower.
If I had my choice of any blower for my street car, the Blowzilla would be my first choice! hands down.
Torque is what regesters on the "seat O the pants Ometer" the most and brings on the biggest grin.

·
Registered
522 Posts
it all depends on the cash flow---I got my sc trim for 1550 brand new and went from there with bigger pulleys and such so its a great entry level blower that you can improve on later. But the sound that thing makes----it turns heads like you wouldnt believe!!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have had both.... if you have at least a 3K stall converter, get the vortech... the boost "lag" is nonexistant with my 3800 stall converter and it isnt bad with at least 3000 stall.
You can potentiall make 50 to 100 MORE HP with the vortech with the same (or safer) tune (due to lower ACT's)
Don
Vorteched 90 GT 6.98 @ 102 1/8 mile 1.601 60' VERY streetable, tuned on 93 octane . I go to track less than 5 times annually...

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Michael Johnson said:
There are KB cars with automatics running in the 10's (Don's will be there very soon) ...
At the rate I'm going the only tens I'll see will be ten months on jackstands.... But thanks for the confidence. Actually Michael, YOURS could go 10s IF YOU EVER TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!!!! Come on, I wanna see some numbers-don't be afraid of breaking parts... LOL!!!:D
Don

·
Registered
816 Posts
Don 95Vert said:
At the rate I'm going the only tens I'll see will be ten months on jackstands.... But thanks for the confidence. Actually Michael, YOURS could go 10s IF YOU EVER TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!!!! Come on, I wanna see some numbers-don't be afraid of breaking parts... LOL!!!:D
Don
I know the feeling of having your car under the knife for months. I figured since you have and "in" with a good mechanic your car would be a top priority.;) You're just a 14# pulley, good aggressive tune and some practice at the track away from 10's.

Here's my plan. I'm getting the new controller box and pump from SMC, then heading to a dyno to dial in the WOT AFR since I can't find a deserted stretch of road in Northern Virginia. We have an 1/8 mile track here locally which I plan to visit with street tires for some runs in September. This all is dependent on nothing breaking. I think my first trip to a 1/4 mile track might be my last for awhile since I don't have a cage. Maybe running street tires will keep the ET's high enough along with my crappy driving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts