Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a Pro-M EFI and it has meth controls built in, I have a 393w that I just picked up a T-Trim for, I'd like to run the meth and not an intercooler if possible to simplify the piping, is it possible to weld a slot style bung on the discharge pipe? I know I need run a blow off valve as well, where would I need to plumb that in at. I'd like to have everything welded on the discharge pipe or powerpipe, I really don't want to run the setup as a draw thru. Or should I just install a FMIC and use the meth as well, I've got a 4" NA pipe I'm using now on the existing setup, could I use that pipe or is it too big, the reason I ask is that I have 1/8" NPT bungs already welded on that, I know I'd need to run a 4-3" reducer somewhere, I could also use my existing slot sensor in the 4" section since I already have a 30pt for that sensor in a 4" tube, thoughts.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The problem with running blow-thru without an intercooler is the pipe between the supercharger and the throttlebody is so short you can't get the blowoff valve far enough away from the maf that it won't affect the maf reading.

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Simple......run the intercooler setup without the intercooler. If the intercooler has an efficient core then run it and enjoy the low IATs.

See ya
Michael Plummer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts