Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 things I wanted to ask you guys . I wanted to ask you guys what king of ignition I should go with for my setup . I have a Digital-6 plus PN-6520 right now, will this work or should I go with something else? There is so many boost controlers and what not that I'm just not sure what to go with . I also wanted to know what you guys think its going to make hp wise so I have a idea when I have my converter built . Im thinking 950hp? I have had some fast BBF cars but this turbo stuff is new to me . Here is what my setup in . Thanks for any help !!

349 stroker A4 block about 8.7 compression "will be running E85"
out of the bock Victor Jr heads
custom comp cams solid roller .050 236 on both sides and a 602 lift on both sides
port matched Victor Jr intake
Carb will be a custom csu 850 im guessing "dont have it yet"

Intercooled Presision 76mm turbo with as much boost as I can on e85

powerglide with a transbrake "one of Lenny's custom converters"

327 rear gear with a 28" slick Car will be about 2900 with me in it . Plan on having a fun little tru street car .

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If theres any way you can give that engine more compression then do it. You could get by with much more on e85
Piston are already made ! I already have the setup and it will work just fine ! I'm asking about ignition not if my setup is what someone else would use.

Thanks Lew

·
Registered
73 Posts
what ls1 is trying to say is if u plan on running e85 all the time. the motor can take a lot more compression.. A 8.7 compression is gonna work fine. But that would be the compression ratio for a 93 octane street car.. From what ur saying and describing ur going full blown race car.. So he was telling u that u were leaving a lot of horse power in there by not goin with higher compression with just e85..

Combo sounds killer.. Should make whatever power u want within reason.. and ur ignition system is totally fine.. Its the ecu u want to focus on.. The brain and what u can do with it makes all the difference.. I personally like megasquirt.. jmo

If u do go with megasquirt dig makes a brand new plug in play that has all the features u would need.. Boost controller included

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What gets me is you guys wanna answer stuff thats not asked and half the time you don't even read the hole post! Your talking about a ECU??? This is a "BLOW THROUGH" setup NO ECU !!! As for it being a full blown race car it says in my post "TRUE STREET" car so it will get a lot of street time . Please read the post before giving your 2 cents !!

Thanks Lew

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My guess is that with that attitude you won't find much help here. Especially since you already know everything
Nope, there are a lot of guys on here that will answer a question and know what they are talking about . I guess you just need to weed through the dumbasses first..lol Both of you posted something that has nothing to do with what I asked ..lmao

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Nope, there are a lot of guys on here that will answer a question and know what they are talking about . I guess you just need to weed through the dumbasses first..lol Both of you posted something that has nothing to do with what I asked ..lmao
Thats because what you asked doesnt have an answer. You need to chill the #### out, at least you got a response. I come to bowling green often and would love to meet you on the track once your finished so we can tell who the dumbass is. You said it in your post that you have no knowledge of turbos and you have expressed here that you also have no knowledge of E85. I am here as a resource for people like you, to try and help. Not to "tell you what you should be running" lol. man i dont care to be honest. The difference between running 8.7:1 and 10.5:1+ compression is HUGE AS ####. Im talking about tons of power that your leaving on the table and driveability. More compression means you dont have to run as much boost to make the same HP. The throttle response and low end power would be greatly improved. Many people are going e85 these days, but ive never heard of an e85 car on 8.7:1 compression. There is no way possible to predict how much HP its going to make especially with it being an auto and having a mystery convertor. The point is to make your target HP at the least amount of boost possible. You dont want to have to run more boost. Thats where the extra compression comes in. Buck up and send the damn pistons back, itll take two weeks max and yes the company will take them back unless theyve been modified. Then youll be coming on here kissing my feet once its driving

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats because what you asked doesnt have an answer. You need to chill the #### out, at least you got a response. I come to bowling green often and would love to meet you on the track once your finished so we can tell who the dumbass is.
Doesn't have a answer????....realy !! I asked what ignition to run!!! ...and I was asking people with Blow through setups that will know!! Not a know it all with a modular motor 03 gt or what ecu to run in my NONE ECU car...lmfao Now if you dont have anything to post worth reading or about what I asked go #### someone elses thread up .

·
Registered
73 Posts
No i missed the blow through comment my bad... was trying to help on the boost controller issue... But whatever.. im up in michigan when u get this turd built holler back ill be more than willing to get some easy money..

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
You ####ed this thread up. Instead of calmly talking and sharing good knowledge that everyone could possibly use, your just being crazy and acting like an idiot. I don't have to own a blow thru carb or a big block to answer your question. We already told you the ignition is fine. Go find some old school big block guy to tell you the same thing and maybe you'll be happy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No i missed the blow through comment my bad... was trying to help on the boost controller issue... But whatever.. im up in michigan when u get this turd built holler back ill be more than willing to get some easy money..
Gotta love the internet tough guys...lol Yeah I drive up there you to race you...get real. The main title says Need help "blow through guys" how did you miss that or the fact that I posted it has a csu 850 carb...:lol: See this is the problem some of you open your mouth before you even know what you are talking about !

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You ####ed this thread up. Instead of calmly talking and sharing good knowledge that everyone could possibly use, your just being crazy and acting like an idiot. I don't have to own a blow thru carb or a big block to answer your question. We already told you the ignition is fine. Go find some old school big block guy to tell you the same thing and maybe you'll be happy
Just to let you know a 349 is a stroked small block not a big block ...:rofl: This is like fighting with a retard!!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are they running on e85? NO! You failed here sir...and that was yesterday. Meet me at Beech Bend in the spring!
So your saying if they run e85 it will make less power??? Or are you saying its a 940 hp dog if they ran e85...lmfao Just because you run e85 doesnt mean you will be slow having low compression on a turbo motor jackass!! I will be at beach bend every weekend and CAN NOT WAIT to meet you !

·
Registered
375 Posts
That ignition box will be just fine i run the same one, and the compression will be fine also running e85 that will mean that you can just be more mean to it with timing, the more compression you have the smaller tuning window you will have. Sounds like a healthy little build i would rock it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That ignition box will be just fine i run the same one, and the compression will be fine also running e85 that will mean that you can just be more mean to it with timing, the more compression you have the smaller tuning window you will have. Sounds like a healthy little build i would rock it.
Thanks for the input !! How did you set the distrubutor curve up ? What strings or shims inside the distributer "if your running a MSD distributor" ?

Thanks Lew

1 - 20 of 55 Posts