Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this prolly sounds really simple, but i don't think it is.

my left turn signal works fine. my right one is cranky if i push the stalk all the way up till it locks into place.. if i hold it just before it clicks, it works fine.. if i push it all the way up, only the rear signal blinks, and it blinks really fast.. no dash light or front light with it all the way up.. but again, with it just held slightly up, it works fine.

what gives?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Yes check the blinker fluid is at the proper level... :lol:

Have you checked to make sure the bulbs are good? Burned out bulb will cause it to blink fast. Also make sure the connections are not corroded. If all else is good, then could be the contacts in the blinker are. Just throwing out ideas.:)

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Sounds like the switch assemb. Time to take apart the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Crap, mine has been doing the exact same thing. It's intermittent tho, sometimes it doesn't do it. And, it seems to go away when the car warms up.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yeah, I believe that you need a new multifunction switch. I need one in my car also.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have sort of a similar problem, except my blinker works fine, but the parking light dosen't. It's the same bulb so Im thinking fuse maybe?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm sure its not the bulbs..

i'm gonna take apart the column to check it out.. when i use the left turn signal now, it makes a really wired click when the stalk comes out of the locked position.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey man, i had the same thing happen to my 95. Go to ford and get a new switch, they cost like 40$. Its not a bad replacement, if you have a haynes manual (everybody should!) there is a section in there that details it. If not, you gotta pull the headlight knob, dash trim, and steering column cover to get at the switch... took me about an hour and a half. Hope it helps man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts