Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the deal on Bilstein struts for a Fox Mustang? I have searched and can not find them any where. I have been told they are on national back order, are they out of business or what? I bought coil over kit just for these and is looking like I will not be able to use it. I am asking about part number B6-35-041382. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The Fox body is an old platform. It may get tougher and tougher to find some parts moving forward.

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
Bilstein is a large company. Their aftermarket damper division is relatively small. When it comes to building product it is low man on the totem pole.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I need to order some struts and shocks. I was thinking Koni SAs or Maximum Motorsports parts.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M&M just changed to a different strut so my Bilstein C/O won't fit. Might have to try and return the kit if I can. I know someone that has a pair of Cobra factory struts but those don't work well with coil overs. Might have to break another piggy bank and spring for a set of double adjustable Konis, Ouch, plus coil overs.

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
DSSR,

I do not think that is an accurate statement. If you tell me what the part number of the coilover kit that have is and what the part number of the strut is, I will tell you exactly what will work and what won't.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Jack, no disrespect to you or your company! I only buy M&M products for my Mustang. A couple of months ago I bought your front coil over kit for bilstein struts as those seemed to be the ones best suited for my car and were affordable for me. Very nice kit, then I read about the Cobra Bilstein struts not the best for coil over use, a friend has a pair. Something about rebound to soft. So i have been looking for another pair with no luck. Price on these seem around $200 each strut, but nobody has them. On your site it states that the new M&M struts use a different coil over kit than Bilstein, different part numbers. I looked at Koni yellow double adjustable and now I'm looking at $300 a strut. I will have to save up a little longer for these. Nothing negative about you, just the parts I'm looking at. Sorry if I was miss understood, poor writing skills on my part.

·
Premium Member
3,114 Posts
DSSR,

I don't think that you were rude or trying to be or anything of the sort.

An MM coilover kit designed for a Bilstein strut (MMCO-1/COP-1) will fit and function on an MM V3 strut. The new coilover kit (MMCO-24) designed specifically for the 3rd generation struts has additional features. If you use your coilover kit designed for Bilstein struts, you will not get these advantages.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jack,

Cool. Yes it is the MMCO-1 kit that I purchased. I am looking at your sport struts also. I also bought 10" 300 pound springs and would have to up grade these too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
What is the deal on Bilstein struts for a Fox Mustang? I have searched and can not find them any where. I have been told they are on national back order, are they out of business or what? I bought coil over kit just for these and is looking like I will not be able to use it. I am asking about part number B6-35-041382. Thanks for any info!
bilsteins are on national backorder for basically everything right now. i know for a fact they are for s197/s550 mustangs, and for my 1996 suburban. i heard that bilstein shuts down aftermarket production in winter to support the OEMs, but apparently, they are lagging way behind on ramping back up.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
The S550 gang has been waiting for the Bilstein fronts for years when just about every other manufacturer had both struts/shocks for the s550 right out of the gate. I'm a Bilstein fan but gave up waiting and bought some KWv3s for my 2016. Now, I'm so enamored by the KW's D/A feature and quality, I'm unlikely to do anything less from here on. Yes, they are pricy but I cannot put into words what a difference a quality damper makes. It has to be experienced.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Cool. Yes it is the MMCO-1 kit that I purchased. I am looking at your sport struts also. I also bought 10" 300 pound springs and would have to up grade these too.
I'm in the same boat - I bought the MMCO-1 kit in late 2017 during one of the "Deal of the Weekend" sales. Haven't bought dampers yet, not even sure when I'll get around to that, but I knew I would be going coil-overs so I bought the kit while it was on sale. Then I saw that MM had introduced their new generation of dampers. Doh! But Jack assured me the MMCO-1 kit would work on the new dampers, so I kept the MMCO-1.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I unfortunately hit the same wall.

I ended up finding low mileage 03/04 struts. To each their own, but I did what worked and what I could find for the time being. I think the terminator struts can't handle an overly aggressive spring rate so I wouldn't run it with high spring rate. 275 or so should fair well. I wouldn't push pass that.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have given up on the Cobra struts and am now looking for the Bilstein 35-041382 struts. I think I will just wait and buy when they come in stock again. Talked to M&M and they are out of their own street and also their sport struts. I found a pair New Bilsteins on here but the guy doesn't answer me back after setting a price. Summit has them listed for $178.00 each but not in stock like everyone else. So I think this project is on hold. Weather is finally warming up in Northeast Ohio and I can't get parts :( time to work on my boat instead, maybe lawnmower. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Old School,
May be in a few weeks, they buy certain parts for their struts from Bilstein so maybe a little earlier than complete struts are shipped. I gave up on the Koni double adjustable struts as to much money for what I want to do. Was thinking about M&M struts and shocks as I think they worked their magic on Bilstein struts and fixed all their flaws so I called to purchase and find they are back ordered also. So that pushes all my plans out at least a month. A friend has a lift and said I could use it during slow days but he has some projects to do also.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts