Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know which i should get!?!? i plan on autocrossing, cruising, and once or twice a year open track test n tune...

Bilsteins have 5k miles and going for $380, tokico d specs brand new $550...

Help!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
What year car? Spring rates? Etc.

Go to an auto-x and talk to other mustang guys. Call MM for advice.

However, I have never heard of anyone going seriously fast with Tokicos.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
02, has h&r supersports, more of a cruiser than competitive autocrosser

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I have no idea what spring rates the H&R Supersports are. When asking for help, please try to be technically precise. You will get better answers and the gurus are more likely to take your questions seriously, imo. I'm not trying to be a dick, but if your questions had been:

"I have an '02 with 800 lb. front springs, 300 lb. rear, and I am debating purchasing either a set of used Bilstein Saleen Racecraft N2s for $380 or new Tokico D specs for $550. I plan to auto-x the car with the occasional HPDE while keeping it reasonable on the street. Which set do y'all think I should purchase?"

you'd probably get more helpful responses quicker.

I for one, rarely advise buying used struts and shocks, unless you know who they are coming from and that they are in good working order.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry handling newb, and dont know all the technicals really, but thanks for the advice

here's what i found about the springs. I also have MM 4 bolt CC plates, and MMR upper and lower control arms

Spring Rate: Front: 700-760 lb/in
Rear: 275-300 lb/in Usage: Street
Year: 1996-2004 Model: 96-04 V6 & GT Hardtop
96-98 SVT Cobra Hardtop
03-04 Mach 1 Hardtop
Progressive or Standard: Progressive Estimated Drop: 1.75"F / 1.6" R

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
FWIW, I have the H&R SS springs on my '01 Cobra with '00 Cobra R Bilsteins. Ride quality is excellent, but it sits too low in the front and exhibits near excessive body roll. Way too low in front.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, after talking online and calling maximum motor sports, I'm ditching the h&r for their springs and bilstein hd's

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts