Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I thought I would post up my new dyno numbers on here for everyone to look at. I was wondering if anybody could tell me what was going on with my graph towards the end. I was wondering if it was my turbo efficiency range going out the window or what. I won't make assumptions, but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Anyhow quick notes. 2 years ago I put down 624/622 at the wheels at Godspeed Dyno. 15psi/18* timing. The combo has gone unchanged with the exception of the installation of my fuel system with the same injectors. Here are some specs.

-b50 sportsman block
-TFS heads
-F cam
-60# injectors
-TEA ported holly systemax
-AIS methanol dual nozzle setup
- HP Performance Stage 3 Turbo setup with MP76 Turbo & TialQ bov.
-Spec 3+ Clutch
-Astro A5 Tranny

So I pulled in at GodSpeed Dyno in Spring Mills, PA. I made 5 pulls on 93 octane nothing special pump gas from Giant. The car made crazy power and It didn't want to stop. I stopped after the final and 5th pull because I was satisfied. Tell me what you think.

Here's a video of Pull #5. You can find the rest on my channel.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
haha, Cam... I should have specified. It was late last night. I mean on graph 5 you see the graph spike then fall, then climb a bit. ...

The Turbo is a P-trim .96.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey man! hows it going, long time no talk. I'm still running the Astro Performance T-5 and using the MSD6al2 with a msd coil, stock dizzy, live wires and Auto Lite 3923 plugs.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Hey man! hows it going, long time no talk. I'm still running the Astro Performance T-5 and using the MSD6al2 with a msd coil, stock dizzy, live wires and Auto Lite 3923 plugs.
Billy,

Hope all is well, I notice per run with higher boost level (last two runs) graph showing more inconsistency, likely tire spin I see this all the time on high powered street turbo car's and a drag radial with 16-17' rims on the Dyno..I doubt a tach lead issue since it is showing as well with HP line along with TQ dip, If you have a replay of data log this will determine a lot during run and let you know what is going on spark possible.. other scenario, Future reference you may want to look into a race plug NGK or possibly 3922's at this level likely will gain. Great numbers! I have yet to tune a turbo fox with a HP Performance kit that always gives big rewards, turbo kit design and pipe size is always key, sad it was so difficult to get back in the day.

[email protected],Inc.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks chris... Take a look at all 5 of my videos, you can see them on my channel. I saw smoke back there and I questioned tire spin myself. I appreciate the nice comments. I really love the HP Performance design. I've had 3 of those kits, and it is a shame their customer service was horrible. I like the NGK plugs, I ran those last time, but were out of stock when I went to get more so I went back to the Autolites.

·
Registered
653 Posts
you should be able to pull it a little higher than 6k, I have a Fcam on my 306 and was able to get to 6300 with my 80mm, looks like the turbo is running out of steam. I had a turbonetics t76 .96 a/r with the 68mm turbine, I maxed out my turbo at 18psi at 710hp, your boost is spiking then starting to fall off as the rpms go up. If you can keep it at 19 all the way up the rpms, you would make more power.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish the turbo would have held at 19lbs too LOL. I have a few things I'm looking to change on the car here in the near future. Mainly i'd like to recirculate my waste gate, and get my exhaust all welded together so i can eliminate all the minor exhaust leaks throughout the entire system. I'm also considering a anti roll bar, but at the same time i'd like to try an air bag in the right rear coil spring to see if that would work.

-Chris, I noticed in the videos i have posted that you can't see the smoke really. From the GoPro HD video I have on my computer, it's very clear. I'll have to post that video up here later. I'm headed to work. everyone have a good day.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Do the antiroll and forget abt the airbag. I had the airbag and switched over, removed the airbag of the spring. Car leaves nice and straight now. Those exhaust leaks can cause some loss of boost so you might gain there.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
93alexcoupe, What brand did you go with? and is your car a street car? I have no info about how these are on streets yet. I need to do some research. The car is a scary ride lol.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have a upr antiroll, but there are many more out there. If you are using tailpipes then try team z, they sell a bunch of suspension parts for the mustang.
I drive mine on the street alot, i usually leave the antiroll hooked off but have been driving it connected. I just watch the turns and the bumps.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmm... See that's where i'm wondering if it's something I want to do. My problem is that I have no intentions of getting a roll cage. So my track days are limited to until someone tells me to go kick rocks completely. I'd like to have something that actually helps on the street too. Maybe I need some better springs in the back? even rolling into it my car pancakes the passenger side.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Hey guys, I thought I would post up my new dyno numbers on here for everyone to look at. I was wondering if anybody could tell me what was going on with my graph towards the end. I was wondering if it was my turbo efficiency range going out the window or what. I won't make assumptions, but I would like to hear your thoughts.

Anyhow quick notes. 2 years ago I put down 624/622 at the wheels at Godspeed Dyno. 15psi/18* timing. The combo has gone unchanged with the exception of the installation of my fuel system with the same injectors. Here are some specs.

-b50 sportsman block
-TFS heads
-F cam
-60# injectors
-TEA ported holly systemax
-AIS methanol dual nozzle setup
- HP Performance Stage 3 Turbo setup with MP76 Turbo & TialQ bov.
-Spec 3+ Clutch
-Astro A5 Tranny

So I pulled in at GodSpeed Dyno in Spring Mills, PA. I made 5 pulls on 93 octane nothing special pump gas from Giant. The car made crazy power and It didn't want to stop. I stopped after the final and 5th pull because I was satisfied. Tell me what you think.
Are you still using the AEM to tune the car? Been a while since I have looked up your cars progress.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He Mac, how ya been? No I sold the AEM and went back to the Anderson PMS. The ease of use with the PMS was just so much more convenient and practical that I decided it was best for what I was doing. I liked the AEM a lot, however I had some issues that never ended up making sense on my car that kept me from really being able to enjoy it like had wanted to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts