Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I went to the dyno yesterday for the first time in my life with my car. I took the car to GODSPEED Dyno in Spring Mills, PA located just outside State College. Bart Grande is the owner, and I must say he made our trip really enjoyable... He's a totally down to earth and friendly guy. He was very informative and you can't even beat the his prices. After arriving I found out that his dyno shop is actually his second job which he does because he enjoys doing it, which in turn allows him to charge decent prices and not have to rape his customers like some shops to stay in business. Anyhow onto the dyno. I rolled in off the street straight onto the dyno, we strapped the car down, did the usual setup and we were ready to go. First pass with no adjustments off the street (13psi, 17*) The car put down 585hp. I made some adjustments in the PMS, added some fuel tried to add some boost, but needed to adjust some timing. I adjusted again,(15psi, 18*) and the car put down 624.3HP and 622.3TQ! I was completely impressed with myself. It's so nice to see a car that you put your heart and soul into finally pay you back for all the times it let you beaten and bleeding. The car still has stock fuel lines and rails on it with a 255 in tank and in line. My fuel pressure was still holding, but it's got to be ready to give up at this point. The way the car sits is exactly how i wanted my tune to look, so it was nice that i didn't have to compromise what i felt comfortable with in order to get a bigger number. I unstrapped the car and called it a day. Here are the pics of the graph and the data he printed out for me.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats man, great #'s!!!

Car must really FLY!!

-Chris
Thanks man! I could only hope to go as fast as you buddy. But I think we both know that isn't going to happen without one hell of a pass with a 5 speed :) Guess i'll have to start launching with the 2 step and praying to the 1320 gods

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Kinda weird how the hp and tq fall off so dramatically after 5500. Also the hp/tq on the chart @5900 rpm dont match the graph.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm not really sure why my graphs drop off so dramatically... I could assume my cam? This was my first dyno and I am by no means qualified to interpret the data displayed. The graph does match the chart, not sure what you are seeing that i am not.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I'm not really sure why my graphs drop off so dramatically... I could assume my cam? This was my first dyno and I am by no means qualified to interpret the data displayed. The graph does match the chart, not sure what you are seeing that i am not.
Im not knocking the the #'s in any way. Def great power. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not saying you were, and i didn't take offense, i'm just saying that they look dead on to me?

War Machine: b50 sportsman block 327, 76mm turbo. 15psi, 18* timing. stock lines and rails. spraying meth.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It could be that long runner intake, but it should plateu if that was the only factor. Might be valve float. Gratz on reaching your goals. Excellent numbers. Might be a good idea to get a custom grind cam and matching springs if you want a wider powerband. But it works as is.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New valves and track heat springs, seals, and retainers were put in last year, a valve job and spring heights were set. The motor is 8.7:1, and I'm running 93 octane that's whore'd with 10% ethanol according to what the gas pump says. The car runs great on the street. But it will blow the tires off in 4th gear doing about 80 :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts