Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get rid of the push that came with the Torque Arm installation. I can't go any stiffer on springs w/o changing shocks so I am looking for a bigger rear bar. My stock bar is a 23mm solid bar and the Eibach is a 24mm solid I think. Maybe 1 mm is a big difference...I don't know. Steeda's website doesn't say what theirs is. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
377 Posts
MM adjustable. I love mine.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ford replaced the 27mm tubular bar that came on the 98 Cobra with a 25mm solid. I think that is what the stand alone Steeda bar is but you should call and ask if you plan to go that route. I bought mine through Roush and it just came in a plain Ford box. I think Roush has discontinued it but they were cheap when they had them.

Sounds like the MM adjustable would be a better plan for you you though.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Each mm of bar thickness makes a huge difference because rates are compared by taking the (effective, hollow bars have a bit more math) sizes to the fourth power and comparing them. I.E., a 23mm bar has a value of 279,841 while a 24 mm bar has a value of 331,776. Thus the 24mm bar is 18.5% stiffer than the 23mm bar.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
u can grab a rear swaybar off of any stang from like 79 to 04 i think, there are plenty of diff combos, betwwen new old, cobra or gt all different sizes im thinking to grab a 97 gt its 23 or 24 mm compared to the stock 89 gt or 19mm

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Each mm of bar thickness makes a huge difference because rates are compared by taking the (effective, hollow bars have a bit more math) sizes to the fourth power and comparing them. I.E., a 23mm bar has a value of 279,841 while a 24 mm bar has a value of 331,776. Thus the 24mm bar is 18.5% stiffer than the 23mm bar.
So going from my solid 23 to a 25 is roughly 40% stiffer?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
but wouldnt running a massive rear swaybar lean more towards oversteer, and in essense less grip? i can see how u want a bigger rear bar because the car understeers so to compensate ur trying to bring it back to neutral, good points....

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
On my 86 Vert, I'm running the MM front bar and their .75" solid adjustable rear bar at the lightest setting (95 GT). This results in a pretty neutral feel at the limit, but I have other mods too such as the wider F/R track, C/Os on the front and PM3L with PHB in the rear.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Rick,

It would seem that the MM rear bar would be best. IF you guessed wrong, it would be a LOT cheaper to change out the bars. You would also have some fine tuning for rainy days, etc. Just cost another $150-200 -- keep an idea of the MM deal of the day, maybe they'll run them.

I still need to get a ride in your car with the TA now!

How much negative camber are you running up front?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rick,

It would seem that the MM rear bar would be best. IF you guessed wrong, it would be a LOT cheaper to change out the bars. You would also have some fine tuning for rainy days, etc. Just cost another $150-200 -- keep an idea of the MM deal of the day, maybe they'll run them.

I still need to get a ride in your car with the TA now!

How much negative camber are you running up front?
Increases camber to 2.5 which helped some.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts