Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well well well.. I figured I'd clear up some things here about [email protected] porting services.
First of all I don't know the dude on a personal level. Never met him. Im not a paid actor or spokesperson.. just a customer who spent his hard earned money in search of the cheapest power I could get with out adding gas to the fire, which creates more heat. Something I definitely don't want on my particular build, at least not yet!
But enough about me and my build..lets get to the point!
For anyone looking for "professional " port work, don't hesitate to give this guy a call or message him. His work IS top notch. Had him port my twisted wedge heads,Explorer UPPER and lower intake, throttle body, headers..yes, I said headers!
Now there is some other guys out there who will just take your money and not give you chit! Point blank. Why would you not port the upper if you have the lower ported? Makes no sense to me. Why would you get a custom cam on a stock bottom end 302 when just about any off the shelf cam will get me where I want to be? Again, taking peoples money and not giving chit in return. Now hold on, a custom cam is definitely good..when its not a stock bottom end. I mean if you want a custom cam just so you can say you have one, then go right ahead. But don't get mad when an off the shelf cam gives you the same power level .
Power level being in the 335-350 to the tire.
I've seen people bashing this man and his work all over. Them people.,some on here, even have some.of the bigger well known shops talking about him. I get it though.. HATERS! Yes, haters. What is a hater? Someone who has to try to shut another person down because that person is 100 times better than them and cheaper!
I'll keep it short and sweet, if you want your stuff ported, on a professional level.. dont hesitate to call Bigdogs Porting or send him a message. He's on here still I think.. you won't regret it!
I tried to post pictures..and if I figure out how I will. Top notch work!
I'll definitely use his services again on my 331 in the future.
I'll update this once I get the truck tuned just so you'll know. Bone stock bottom end, stock bore , stock everthing but cam and top end.
20200615_191816.jpg

·
Registered
23,260 Posts
weak NA chit

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats all I wanted out of this build.. next time.. it wont be. Blown 331.. daily driver

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No.. that will be happing soon! As soon as the pushrods get here and I get it together

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Twisted wedge 170 ported to him many cc’s? Flow? Which cam you going with? How long did it take?

Can’t wait to see the results.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
First of all I don't know the dude on a personal level. Never met him.
I've seen people bashing this man and his work all over. Them people.,some on here, even have some.of the bigger well known shops talking about him. I get it though.. HATERS!
Yet you're on here pimping his work without having run it. I have no reason to question the porter's integrity, but plenty of reason to question yours. The pictures with redacted information help a lot.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yet you're on here pimping his work without having run it. I have no reason to question the porter's integrity, but plenty of reason to question yours. The pictures with redacted information help a lot.
Trust me.. this isn't my first rodeo cowboy. I know what the truck will make. Its very purposely built daily driver.
If you are talking about the flow numbers that I purposely blocked.. well thats for me to know. I could have posted them.. all of his work has very similar numbers. Go check him out on YouTube. His work is based off of facts qith proof.. not guesstimate.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Twisted wedge 170 ported to him many cc’s? Flow? Which cam you going with? How long did it take?

Can’t wait to see the results.
Took a little bit to get the parts. Rome wasn't built in a day. But the wait was very qell worth it.
Its a very small cam, Off the shelf ran by hundreds of people. Purposely built combo the way I wanted it. This is a test motor for the truck. If I like the truck and how it feels.. a very healthy 331 will go in the engine bay.

·
Twin Screw
1994 Mustang GT
1,251 Posts
Did he port the pushrods too?
If this isnt your first rodeo then every cowboy who's worth his weight knows Tmoss is on the short list to port , esp GT40s. This guy has no numbers to back up anything just infomercials dropping sockets through manifolds. And quoting numbers that people in the buisness of porting know are unubtainable.Before you start inflating your porters buisness and his head to the point of explosion. Bring numbers and dynos to back it up.
Your post in fewer words: My porter is so awesome he gave me a free shirt. So I'm here waxing his nuts.....anyways.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nothing wrong with being happy with someone's work.

I've never heard of someone only porting an upper and not lower intake?

You ported your headers? Wouldn't buying larger headers make more sense?

If you think most off the shelf cams are as good as a custom piece you've got a lot to learn.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Ok so you're happy with the work from the look of it. It may look nice. But before you praise the results, don't you think it would be better to get some actual results to back up what "looks" good? I mean it's good to be happy with what you paid for. Don't get me wrong. I look forward to your results.

But let's temper the excitement with some results.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Trust me.. this isn't my first rodeo cowboy. I know what the truck will make. Its very purposely built daily driver.
If you are talking about the flow numbers that I purposely blocked.. well thats for me to know. I could have posted them.. all of his work has very similar numbers. Go check him out on YouTube. His work is based off of facts qith proof.. not guesstimate.
Why should anyone trust you after saying that? I mean three months ago you didn't know how to use a piston stop, now it's "not your first rodeo."

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I’m curious to see how the dyno session goes. Frankly, I don’t know who the flow numbers are such a secret. If they flow good numbers, post em up. You said it yourself, it’s not like he doesn’t mention flow numbers on his site. This way we can see what yours is relative to power it makes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did he port the pushrods too?
If this isnt your first rodeo then every cowboy who's worth his weight knows Tmoss is on the short list to port , esp GT40s. This guy has no numbers to back up anything just infomercials dropping sockets through manifolds. And quoting numbers that people in the buisness of porting know are unubtainable.Before you start inflating your porters buisness and his head to the point of explosion. Bring numbers and dynos to back it up.
Your post in fewer words: My porter is so awesome he gave me a free shirt. So I'm here waxing his nuts.....anyways.
Lmao!!! Tmoss doesn't even port the uppers.. so he can take a back seat. As far as waxing nuts.. you seem to have tmoss's all on your chin. Here you are throwing a name out there who can't doesnt even loffer a compete package? Hahahaaaa
The truck will be dynoed soon enough..so sick back back with your bonbons and wait.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Nothing wrong with being happy with someone's work.

I've never heard of someone only porting an upper and not lower intake?

You ported your headers? Wouldn't buying larger headers make more sense?

If you think most off the shelf cams are as good as a custom piece you've got a lot to learn.
I wish there was larger headers out there for my application. There is not. Only working with 1 1/2 inch primaries. . However Bigdogs got them flowing almost as much as a 1 3/4 shorty. So..Im good enough with that outcome..
I said only porting the lower and not the upper.. but again..each to their own.

Let me clarify the cam comment..
I said... You can make the power "I" wanted to be at with just about any off the.shelf cam. There is no need to waste money on a "custom" cam on a.stock bottom end.
Anyone knows a custom.cam is the way to go if you're after all the available power.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m curious to see how the dyno session goes. Frankly, I don’t know who the flow numbers are such a secret. If they flow good numbers, post em up. You said it yourself, it’s not like he doesn’t mention flow numbers on his site. This way we can see what yours is relative to power it makes.
I'll post the numbers up once I get the truck done. Its a daily/travel truck. Not a race truck. Ill never build another "race" engine. Been there done that over the last 40 years.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why should anyone trust you after saying that? I mean three months ago you didn't know how to use a piston stop, now it's "not your first rodeo."
I'm not an engine builder, I'm a flooring installer. 28 years at it. I am the best of the best at what I do. I "play" with engines. I learn as I go . First time ever in my life degreeing a cam in. But guess what, I did it. So whats your point? Let me guess.. you build pro mod engines?
So when you search my name and posts so you can come up.with a good.comment trying to down me, doesn't really matter to me.

·
Registered
767 Posts
A group of Mustang enthusiasts treating each other with disrespect, and animosity truly represents the ugly side of internet/forum behavior. Catch a clue fellas, really not all that difficult to discuss our hobby without hurling insults. Sign of the times? So much hate in the world, I would suggest some reflection before travelling that road.

Moss will gladly port an upper, requisite welding and all, but he will try to steer you to a manifold that will better suit your application. It will cost quite a bit more than the vendor being talked about here, it seems to me that Tony does offer very good value for the dollars spent. I would prefer if they used the industry standard 28" depression flow numbers, I'm not sure that flow numbers scale all that well as velocities get into higher ranges, but I'm certainly not an expert.

Jay

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn. Sure is a lot of dudes with nuts on their chins in here. I just wanted to let me people know that they can trust Bigdogs work, not get into a bitch fight and become a keyboard warrior.
No need to talk about someone you have no idea about other then what you hear someone else talk about.
If you're happy with your porters work, then thats awesome. Stick with them. If you're not and you're looking for someone else, there is other options. Yall have a great day.

1 - 20 of 323 Posts