Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a fox guy I don't know much about tire fitment on sn95's other then "they have more room". Search did not help me alot, maybe my search terms were poorly choosen but I mad little luck. My car is a 98, has stock k-member and arms with stock type springs. No inner fender liners are used. I am looking at larger tires in a square setup. Looking at 315x17's & also looking at 295x18's & 315X18's. Probably would be on a 17x10.5 or if using a 18 it would be a 18x10 as these are the inexpensive options for wheels. What has everyone found to be a useable tire size on these cars? I don't mind getting gnarly with the fenders, but I would like to know what will work as-is for now.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
315's are about it. Past that(when using the stock geometry), you appear to be at a point of diminishing returns.

·
Registered
428 Posts
to this end, the 99+ control arms were reshaped for more clearance at full steering lock. The 03-04 Cobra arms have had price creep but maybe you can find some take-offs.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be pretty happy with 315's as I am currently running 245's and sometimes 255's. My control arms were replaced just before I purchased the car so I will investigate which I have.

Saturday, my instructors SN-95 had so much more grip than mine. He was running 245's but they were Azenis vs the 555's that I am running. I am ready to replace these and I am so tempted to get NT-01's. There is a large carosel (sp?) that once you are in it overall grip as compard to driver ability can be seen. I could not hold the line that most of the cars could, actually had a damn Hynduai walk away from me in that long turn. I was on his bumper, in his line, and I just faded outside.

What is the fit like with the 315's?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Newer style a arms will allow more steering lock before contact with 9"+ wheels. You don't need the newer arms to bolt on fat wheels, you just have to give up some steering lock (turning radius) with the 94-98 arms. With 8" wheels and new style arms, one can remove the steering rack limiters to have a turning radius that is "normal" instead of "trucklike".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts