Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob tweaked the tune on my Capri since I put a new turbo on the motor. It made good power on a conservative tune. Since I do not have ARP2000 rod bolts in the car we decided to call it quits on tuning for more power. A couple pulls and the tune was looking great and ready for the track tuning. I can't wait to try and get all this power to the ground.

331ci Dart block based motor, AFR 185 heads, small hydraulic blower cam (yeah, I know) Vic Sr. EFI intake, 90mm throttle body, 88mm compressor turbo, non lock up converter, AOD, 9" rear end.

Future mods will include an upgraded rotating assembly, ported heads, solid roller cam, 160# injectors and convert to E85.

Camera pic does not show the rpm. The dyno runs were made to 6200ish rpm.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thats awesome Mike. Did he come back to the chi for the tune? When mines ready I have to get a tune as well.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Btw any vids of new tune.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, He was here for 4 days tuning. And they were LONG days too. He plans to make it up here at least every couple of months. If not more often. With the new shop, racing and family it is not real easy to come up here all the time. But at least he is not leaving his customers up here out if the cold. Customer service is big with him. And by the number of cars he tuned this trip he has plenty of customers willing to wait it seems.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I didn't get any vids. I was sitting in the hatch to keep weight over the tires. lol

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
That is awesome, I am looking forward to him coming to SoCal. I need a Kurgan tune.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sweet ride man, congrats on the numbers.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Kurgan is going to be in Indy tuning at Cozzolino Motorsports on May 20-21. There are 12 cars currently scheduled. If anybody is interested you should look up fellow corral member LTZMach. He is a regular in the midwest section and is handling the organization of it all here.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
OMG i'm tired.... i tuned for 3 days straight which ended up being 46hrs LOL

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Kurgan is going to be in Indy tuning at Cozzolino Motorsports on May 20-21. There are 12 cars currently scheduled. If anybody is interested you should look up fellow corral member LTZMach. He is a regular in the midwest section and is handling the organization of it all here.
i might be up for that tune in indy. i live in wisconsin, but if bob wont be back to chicago for a while i might cruze down there mapquest has it at 5.5 hrs. i emailed bob to find out details on when he will be back to chicago so i will know when he gets back to me

·
Registered
195 Posts
Very nice numbers!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Mylanta!! What were ur expectations going in. That's awesome. Bobs the man. With all the exposure with the new shop and the coyote, new records, and tuning beasts ur on a freaking roll. Glad ur a mustang guy

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
AEM FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
schweet!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
AEM FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need to get mine running. I bought the AEM ECM and EPM stuff from you back in August of 2008 and I stll have not got the car running. One of these days I will get it finished and either bring it to you in GA or talk you into tunning over at Travis's place in DFW.

Awesome number 331merc. I have been watching your build for a while. Hopefully my 347ci, dart big bore, AFR185 and 76mm will make at least 700rwhp with the AEM.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OMG i'm tired.... i tuned for 3 days straight which ended up being 46hrs LOL
haha Yeah, a couple of them were REAL long days. lol At least every thing worked out and there were no issues to speak of.

Mylanta!! What were ur expectations going in. That's awesome. Bobs the man. With all the exposure with the new shop and the coyote, new records, and tuning beasts ur on a freaking roll. Glad ur a mustang guy
I just wanted a solid tune to start with at the track. It made 708rwhp with the 80mm. So I hoped to make a little more than that. I am surprised it made 900+ with the conservative tune in it.

AEM FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love that little unit! If it was not for it I might have sold the car. The 83# injector, MAF and PMS was just not worth the pita it was.

How much boost and what fuel?
A little over 26# and C16. I see fuel as insurance. What time, effort and cost I have into this thing the C16 is well worth it. I am sure Bob could tell you what we could get away with as far as octane. The timing is nothing crazy at all and the air intake temps were about 76 degrees

I need to get mine running. I bought the AEM ECM and EPM stuff from you back in August of 2008 and I stll have not got the car running. One of these days I will get it finished and either bring it to you in GA or talk you into tunning over at Travis's place in DFW.

Awesome number 331merc. I have been watching your build for a while. Hopefully my 347ci, dart big bore, AFR185 and 76mm will make at least 700rwhp with the AEM.
I have the EPM and LS coils in the garage. Just been lazy and have not got them into the car yet. The MSD 6AL and Blaster coil is out of their element at this power level. lol

I am sure your project will make good power too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts