Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I know progress has been slow, work has been busy and doing some remodeling in the house, but i did pick up my headers from the ceramic coater today and they look GREAT!

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
They look great. How Was the price on the coating?

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The headers were $475 and it cost me $275 to have the coated. Lucky i have a local place that does it.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Can you tell me is the dirty bird heavier than a fox body ?
it should end up being lighter. i had a 71 maverick years ago and fully dressed (no lightening efforts) it weighed 2800# with me in the car and a full tank... now, i weigh a little more now, :surprise: but it should still be an improvement since the falcon is basically what the maverick was based on.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Any updates? I know the weather has ruined some progress with some folks.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Any updates? I know the weather has ruined some progress with some folks.
i wish i had more to share, but like you mentioned the weather has not helped things, plus busy time at work, remodel project on the house AND getting dark at 6pm SUCKS! i dont have a garage, so all my work is outside :frown2:. the parts are stacking up on me, ive now got all the parts for the front suspension completion (brakes, ect), almost all the ignition system and alot of the fuel system, new floor pans, new hobart 140 mig and sand blaster... everything is sitting and waiting until the "tumblers to fall into place".

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sounds about right. Not to hijack your thread but Ive been buying parts left and right. Decided to do a little black friday shopping on LMR and picked up a whole rear end setup. Rear end should hold better once its setup. Im like you no garage. I just have Have a place to store the car and then go work on it when time permits. But i was able to pull my shortblock out finally and i pulled it apart. I think its ready for the machine shop. I think my stock cam is trash. Theres some good wear marks. Maybe ed curtis can set me up with a good cam. Sucks not having a garage. A heated/cooled garage would be sweet right about now

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sounds about right. Not to hijack your thread but Ive been buying parts left and right. Decided to do a little black friday shopping on LMR and picked up a whole rear end setup. Rear end should hold better once its setup. Im like you no garage. I just have Have a place to store the car and then go work on it when time permits. But i was able to pull my shortblock out finally and i pulled it apart. I think its ready for the machine shop. I think my stock cam is trash. Theres some good wear marks. Maybe ed curtis can set me up with a good cam. Sucks not having a garage. A heated/cooled garage would be sweet right about now
i hear ya man, i would just love to have a concrete flooe and some kind of shelter, LOL!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Heck i know for the sales this weekend harbor freight had a nice tent storage. An i know american muscle and LMR probably have one. Kinda pricey though.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks good i like the mounts for the motor did you weld those yourself?

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks guys. I had to modify one of the mounts, but they came as a part of the front end kit.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
well... things kind of went sideways on the falcon... the cancer in the floor was worse than i had anticipated, so i removed all my stuff and sold the car as i bought it. thats the bad news. the good news is, i put everything in a 76 F100 and since my last post (over 2 yrs ago) it is taking shape nicely!

Untitled by boostdcoupe, on Flickr

Untitled by boostdcoupe, on Flickr

#f100 #dragtruck #rattruck #hotrod by boostdcoupe, on Flickr

#f100 #dragtruck #rattruck #hotrod by boostdcoupe, on Flickr

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 43 Posts