Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a turbo 306 foxbody stick shift car making a little over 500 hp it has adjustable upr rear suspention. iam needing new tires and have a option of a 15x8 with a 5.5 backspace or a 15x10 with a 6.5 backspace wheel. but what tire, I have had good luck in the past with the bias et streets with a stick.with all the radials that have came out lately has anyone had success with a radial and a stick?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Radials are harsher on the car with a stick. If purely for racing, ET Drag or Hoosier slick. 28x10.5. I ran this size on a 15x8, but majority will say to use a 15x10 for better contact

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'd say Hoosier 275/60 drag radial these sidewalls feel so thin and the tire wrinkles not your typical drag radial and more stable than a bias

·
Registered
676 Posts
Radials are harsher on the car with a stick. If purely for racing, ET Drag or Hoosier slick. 28x10.5. I ran this size on a 15x8, but majority will say to use a 15x10 for better contact
^^^^ I run the Hoosier 26x8.5x15 stiffwall slick. It's actually a 9" tread so I don't know why they call it out as 8.5. As mentioned above, I run it on a 10" wheel for best contact patch. If you need a DOT tire I would seriously consider the Hooseir Quick Time Pro which is essentially their slick with some grooves in it to pass DOT. It's still a bias wrinkle wall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts