Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best out of M&H..M/T..Hoosier..Goodyear..there all gonna be 28x10.5? never used full slicks before so i dont know..

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
They all work well. I've ran MT, M&H and Hoosier and they work the same on my car. As the power level goes up I'm sure differences will show themselves.

·
Registered
634 Posts
They all work well as stated above so to me it comes down to price and tire life, prices are again, a wash..........Hoosier have worked great for me in the life department,far outlasting my M/T's.....burnout/power/car weight/storage all play a roll in the life of a tire and again the hoosiers have been better for me than the mickeys...........

·
Registered
30 Posts
With the Mickey's you don't want to do a long burnout as when they get too hot they lose grip.

I understand with Hoosiers a long burnout is not necessary and shortens the life dramatically.

I just bought some Hoosier 29x12's for son's 700 hp 64 Falcon replacing 29.5x10.5W's @11.2 tread trying for slightly more traction. Son is prone to doing Way Too Much burnout/smoke. I run the same tire and as soon as I hit the gas and start spinning I let off the linelock. I am thinking son will have to pull through water box and then hit it?? Don't know how they will work. Will probably have to try some different techniques to get what he needs.

·
Registered
341 Posts
MT stiff walls are the best, just go look at any 28x10.5 heads up race and look at what there running 90 percent or more are MT stiff walls with tubes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts