Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you guys route the oil return? pictures? I may can angle it witha 45 and go straight down. My concern is the heat of the manifold. I could go through the frame but I feel like it wouldn't drain well even though it would still be a at downward slope. Thanks!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did anybody do theres like this? Just seems to me that the oil return line will not flow great since it is not a downward continuous slope. its more of a J bend than anything.

·
Registered
40 Posts
it shouldnt matter. as long as the highest point of the oil draining from is higher then where it is draining into, gravety will do its job

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Make sure you make that hole bigger in the frame and put a rubber grommet around the hose so it doesn't wear through.

I believe that is how B&G recommends you run the drain hole.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Make sure you make that hole bigger in the frame and put a rubber grommet around the hose so it doesn't wear through.

I believe that is how B&G recommends you run the drain hole.
+1 Make the hole bigger...and I'd go so far as to pick up some small diameter vacuum line and slice it down the middle to make a "C" shape. You can then run it along the hold to provide a nice barrier to the sharp sheet metal.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea thats what I planned to do millhouse. I wanted the oil section to be vertical as possible since you are only allowed a move it on a 30 degree plane before you have to worry about oil draining problems.

·
Registered
736 Posts
mine was ran just like that for 2 years with no probs. used a 1" or 1 1/2" hole saw in the metal and about the same size drain hose

·
Registered
171 Posts
i drilled a hole directly below the drain like pictured above (allowing for some space since im running motor mounts and not a plate) but i ran #10 an braided line and an fittings

1 - 11 of 11 Posts