Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on best way to launch a 623 rwhp mustang with a tko600 and spec 3+clutch.

option 1-I have usually do a 3500 rev, dump the clutch and then floor it on the last yellow and dump the clutch. I usually run 1.50 with a best of 1.48 doing this.

option 2- i was told to rev the car and floor floor it at the last yellow and dump the clutch at the same time.

what do you think is the best way to launch with a stick and this power level- it was a 26x10 slick but moving to 28x10.5 this year.

car managed a 1.41 60 foot with option 2 and a good driver.

·
Registered
277 Posts
a 1.41 60ft is pretty good. i say if it hooks on those 28x10.5 slicks see what it does when you dump th clutch a 5000. it will tell you if you have any other weak links.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
what about a 2-step

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Put more clutch,more tire and one hell of a driveshaft in it,than you think you need.And inspect drivetrain regularly.Plus a perfect gear setup.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I have my 2-step on the clutch switch. I stab it, sit at 5k and dump the clutch on 3nd yellow. usually gets a pretty decent RT

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what 2 step should i be looking at? i see msd has a few nowadays. they have a launch control, normal 2 step and some others.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Msd now has a digital 2 step.It hums just like the Mallory.Doesnt rock the boat,or rattle the head like the old Msd.Pretty smooth actually.And the shifter doesnt jump randomly.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
NA, nitrous, boosted?

Spec three + tore up more #### in our still shift car than anything.

Switched to a mcleod twin disc, engages much much softer. Been 1.28 through the sixty
Best pass
1.34-9.25-143

347-out of box victor Jr and a single nozzle

Power management is Where your 60 ft time is

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have my 2-step on the clutch switch. I stab it, sit at 5k and dump the clutch on 3nd yellow. usually gets a pretty decent RT
This is on a stock T5? I am impressed. I am worried about launching on my T5Z at about 400 rhp, maybe I should just sleep easy and not worry....

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
This is on a stock T5? I am impressed. I am worried about launching on my T5Z at about 400 rhp, maybe I should just sleep easy and not worry....
i worry about the same thing, i have almost 700whp and a tremec 3550, spec3+, and ford racing driveshaft. one of these is going to fail if i go too nuts!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its a blower car- s trim with an aftercooler. the trans is a tko 600 that liberty worked on to ensure 3rd goes in flawleslly. its not prosifter or faceplated for that matter.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Yep stock t5 lol. Been 1.57 60ft [email protected] launching that way

Sent from my M860 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I also have n2o hooked up to the 2 step and spray off the line the second the clutch Is released. Stock cobra t5. I believe my bias ply tire is more forgiving on trans than a radial

1 - 19 of 19 Posts