Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going 408 and turbo and was wondering what turbo would be best for a true street and strip , looking 700rwp atleast, motor will have forged internals , custom cam, 11r heads , thinking running an elbow intake ,throttle body will be 80mm, already have 80lb injectors . managed by holley hp. i was thinking maybe s475 or s480 , not sure on what flange to run t4 or t6 and do i go with the 96mm turbine and the 1.32 A/R turbine housing for those cubic inches so i dont run into back pressure isssue , open to any input on other turbos and suggestions.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i would just call comp or precision to answer this. They have tables for figuring this kind of stuff out as its what they do all day. You may need to decide whether you want to be more street or strip oriented though... street would want a minimal turbo lag at the cost of top end power and strip vise versa. 700 hp wont really be an issue either way

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Turbo's make previously ludicrous power numbers available to everyone. Not complaining.

When I came of "automotive age" any engine with 500 or more horsepower was a very serious thing. Today you can buy that plus 50% more with a warranty at the local dealership. Breaking blocks from too much power was never a thing until relatively recently. Now you can split a 302 in half almost without even trying.

You can literally dial up almost any power level you want. It's nuts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts